Monday, January 14, 2019

Another Wedding at St. Josaphat Church

 One week ago we were gathered at St. Josaphat Church.  The Church where our family started.  We were celebrating the union of my dear niece Amy and her beau Dennis.  It was 71 years ago that my parents, Amy's Grandparents, Irene and Tony were married in this Church.

 It is also the Church and school I attended from second grade to seventh grade.  To say being back at St. Joe's was nostalgic is an understatement.  So many happy memories here for our whole family.

 Amy is so dear to us.  She has the biggest heart and has found love with Dennis.  Their love story starts, as so many these days, on the Internet.  It took a long distance romance and a move across country, for Dennis to be united with his Architect.  It was a lovely ceremony.  My brother Larry and Lynette, Amy's parents have made our old neighborhood their home.  Full circle.  Mom and Dad would be so happy and proud.

I felt the history, and I felt the spirits of my Mom and Dad.

It all started with this stunning couple.

 To think I was just a year older than Penny is right now when I first came to St. Joe's.  It was wonderful to have Penny there to see where Great Grandma and Great Grandpa were married.

Just like  a few years ago, when she shared a visit to our Church, Immaculate Heart of Mary where we, her Grandma and Grandpa were married.

Kristen and Doug
 Then the reception.  It was held in a old factory, that is now an event venue.

Jon, Mike and Amanda
                                       
 It was loud and fun and so happy that all of our kids (except mom to be Charlotte) were able to attend. All of my brothers and sister in laws were there too.
It was a great party.
Penny literally danced her shoes off!

I had to include a recent photo of lovely Mom to Be Charlotte.
She is the good ship Charlotte, carrying those two little sailors, Irene and Stevie.
Let's just say the sailors are restless.  

 My handsome guys.

 The handsome Dad to be, Jon.  He's gonna be the best Daddy to his girls.

My Heart!
When they are together hilarity ensues.  

My beautiful girls.

 My love and I.  The Proud and Happy Aunt and Uncle.
A wonderful wedding and a very happy union of Amy and Dennis "Czarkippski."

This week...
 We had some snow, and it sure looks beautiful.  

 My geranium is blooming, that makes me happy.

 I haven't mentioned that we have a coyote that visits our yard. We warned the neighbors that have dogs to be cautious.  I saw him jump and stand on top of the chain link fence.  So much for a fenced yard keeping out the riff- raff.  I heard him howl for the first time yesterday.  It's high pitched, and for a moment I felt like Laura Ingalls in the little house books.

 I am a winter girl.  We are supposed to have snow in January.  This was just a few inches.  Our family in St. Louis got over a foot of snow. My SIL Elizabeth is snowbound with her girls, and I know for a fact that they are so happy to have their Grandma stuck for another week.

 Late in the day I had to take a few more photos.

 To paraphrase John Denver, Sunshine, on the snow looks so lovely...

 and Sunshine almost all the time makes me high.


"Scared and sacred are spelled with the same letters. Awful proceeds from the same root as awesome. Terrify and terrific.  Every negative experience holds a seed of transformation."
-Alan Cohen

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kindness.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny







No comments: