Monday, February 18, 2019

Will you still need me, when I'm 64?

Like a broken record, we had MORE snow.  It's so beautiful, especially in the sunshine. We had a thirty day stretch that every day we had either rain or snow, or everything in between. Still I'm a winter girl.  Nothing is as beautiful to me as the combination of sunshine and snow.
It was Valentine's week which also is my birthday week.

 My dearest really surprised me with this metal dress form.  When we go to sales and thrifts, I am always on the lookout for a dress form.  The reason, this dress.  It's a Jessica McClintock, Gunne Sax.  All the rage in the 70's.  When this giant box arrived I could not imagine what my sweetheart ordered.  Then, he said it was for me!  As soon as I realized what it was, I let hubby handle the construction as I ran upstairs to get THE DRESS!  It was a perfect fit!  Do you have that one dress, that special dress you felt beautiful in, that really was YOU?  Well, that's what I thought about this dress.
 I didn't have a photo of me in it.  Even my BFF Sue looked in her vast archives of our youth and couldn't find one.  I posted the photo of the dress to Facebook and my oldest niece Michele posted this pic. How groovy were we?!  Circa 1975.  I have no recollection of the place or the occasion, and my niece doesn't know.  It was a great surprise in a birthday filled with fun and wonderful surprises.

Just for comparison, we still look exactly the same...a least to each other.
That's true love!

 Penny and Aunt Elizabeth frosted and decorated the cupcakes Penny and I baked.
We celebrated all the February family birthdays.  Son Jonathan and son in law Doug and I share this birthday month.

Penny picked the menu.  We were going to order out, then Penny suggested lasagna, so that's what we had with coleslaw that was requested by my dearest and our darling daughter Kristen, meatballs for Jon and my brother Greg.  Cupcakes and magnum bars for dessert.  (Penny's favorite.)  Everyone ate except our dear Mom to be Charlotte.  Tomatoes do not agree with her right now, but Charlotte and the girls enjoyed dessert. (The babies are especially active when Charlotte has a treat!)



 I had some flour sack towels I silk screened for the girls. I got so many visits, cards and beautiful gifts. I had a very happy birthday.  Showered with hugs, kisses and love, my favorite gifts.

"Friends are forever, you might lose them but you'll never forget them."

Last week I lost a friend, a Guild Sister, our Angel Adeline.
Adeline was our oldest member.  We shared our Polish heritage and shared memories of some really happy times. 


Adeline and Ed on their wedding day.
A beautiful couple, together forever.

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes.  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those, who are friends."
-Richard Bach

 I recently found this pillow at the thrift.  About 20 inches square, down filled.

I love a bargain! Kris has a new sofa and rug for their living room.  
The sofa is navy and the rug is mostly orange.
She loved the pillow. 

 Back to reality.  The bed is already stripped and made with fresh sheets and pillowcases.  The first load laundry should be done.  Valentine decorations to be put away and springtime pops of color to replace the red.  So grateful for...everything! Thanks for stopping by and for your kindness.

Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny



2 comments:

Lynne said...

Love the lovebirds picture.
Wasn’t it wonderful for it to turn up!
And there you are in your Jessica McClintock, Gunne Sax dress.
It’s the little things that bring such joy!

We enjoyed one of those mystical snow falls late Sunday!
Beautiful, crisp air, fluffy snow falling for hours.

Unknown said...

I love your dress Penny. Also, the great pillow you bought for Kris .