Monday, January 20, 2020

Learning Curve

 I sewed this case for a new camera I just purchased.  I have been blogging ten years and have used the same camera, actually two of the same cameras.  I started with my own and was very happy with it until I started to take photos with my IPhone.  The difference in quality was clear, even to my not quite young eyes. 
(That was a understatement!)

 I saw a artist on facebook posting pictures of the Moon, showing craters!  All this with a point and shoot camera.  Call it what you will, Catholic frugality, being cheap, or just not a priority, I put it off for months.  Then a trip to the Best Buy for something else... I am now the proud owner of a new camera. I hope to gain some skills, but right now, I point and shoot.  

 A walk around the house on the gloomy days we've been having, looking for something to photograph. The curtains are towels I got at Crate and Barrel with a gift card from my sweet nephew Greg. I also purchased a cast iron Lodge skillet.  Now I have to work out so I can lift it!

I have Ikea wire with clips strung across the window.  I use tea towels as curtains.
You look at towels in a whole new way.
 Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays.  So with a heavy heart this year, I still want the grands to see and remember how I mark the day.

 Just a few touches.

 You know where my heart will be this year.  Wrapped up in memories, warmed by a love that still sustains me. 

 The hearts in the window from Christmas stay.  Mikey's baby quilt comes out.  The feather filled heart pillow is one of my best copies.  I saw one at a swanky gallery in Galena, came home and made my own with a couple of dollars of thrift store finds.  Hopelessly romantic.

 The library table holds seasonal reading material.  Tyke's canes still stand ready at the door.


 A Christmas gift from Kris and family.  A fox has recently been hanging around the neighborhood.  One night the kids came in really excited to have seen "The Fox" right on our block/  A beautiful work of art from a friend of Kris'.

 This is another artisan creation from Mike and Amanda.  They know what I like.

 A prayer plant from Kristen's friends.  It is thriving on neglect.  A constant reminder of the beautiful kindness we were recipients of after losing Tyke.

 Boy, I need to dust!  Even the plants are dusty.

 My totally neglected but perpetually cheerful Norfolk Island Pine.  My very first gift from Tyke was a little NI pine, but not this one... This one grows in spite of it's corner location, I guess it feels the love and nostalgia I feel for this species.

 I did sew some.  These are for a gentleman who faces a heart transplant. Wishing Quentin comfort and strength in the days and weeks ahead.    

 Who waiting for Grandma?  We have battened down the hatches, the girls are 100% mobile.  Crawling and standing up on everything.  They are pure love.  Said it before, they give me hope that happiness didn't forever leave me.  Part of Tyke is in these girls, mostly the loving and silly parts!

...and in this one who says she will never forget her Grandpa.
Oh the love I feel for these girls!

Martin Luther King Day and Penny was schooling me on Dr. King and Rosa Parks.
Penny is so bright with a memory like a trap.  She is amazing. 
She is learning about Dr. King and Black history in school. 
So proud of this one. 


Thanks for stopping by and for all your kind comments.
I appreciate your care and concern.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Love your littles . . .
Love your Penny . . .
Love your Love ...
Infectious!

Eileen in Fla. said...

Your older Granddaughter looks very much like you. What a blessing you have in your beautiful family. Stay warm and well.

Melanie said...

Love your touches of Valentine's Day decor around your house.

Have fun with your new camera!

Penny looks just like her mama. And the babies are so big. The one in the front favors her grandma. :-)

xoxo
Melanie