Monday, June 19, 2017

Blue Skies and Pink Clouds

Father's Day, a day to honor all Dads, and remember those that are no longer with us.
We started our day with granddaughter Penny.  We had a little sleep over and she helped prepare brunch for all the family.
 We ended up outside on a beautiful day.  Lot's of laughs, games, pretending. Grandpa relaxed and enjoyed the company of his kids.  Talking tech, phones and jobs.  They are so like him in so many  wonderful ways.  Penny made a speech after we said grace.  I wish I could remember everything she said.  She took her Dad's hand and Grandpa's hand and said, "These guys have done a lot for our city"...  It was beautiful and inspirational and funny.  We all had tears in our eyes. What a girl!
Silly Uncles and crazy "corn dogs".  Jon is a magnet, never met a kid who didn't think he was hilarious.  I got to play catch with Jon.  My throwing arm is shot, but with a softball and throwing underhand we had fun.
Love having them home, comfortable and relaxed.  Best gift ever for their Dad and for me,  being together.
Then it was my turn for time with my guy.  A perfect evening at Ravinia.
 A movie on the lawn, accompanied by a live symphony orchestra.
 The music was beautiful, and the crowd was so quiet and respectful during the movie.
 So much fun when the weather cooperates.
Great way to end a picture perfect Father's Day, with the sweetest guy I know.

I have been busy,  I did a little crafting last week with my lavender harvest.
 a couple of pretty wreaths built on embroidery hoops and one lavender wand.
Smells like heaven.
The garden continues to dazzle.
 Here Penny is admiring our very first Hollyhock!
It's gorgeous and old fashioned.

Off to start my week.  Thanks for stopping by and for your friendship.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Family, dad-dad's day, pink sky, music, movie, hollyhocks . . .
Sounds perfect to me!