Monday, April 15, 2019

I can see clearly now...

 Today I am so grateful for my vision in my right eye has been restored.  After cataract surgery, everyday has been a revelation.  I can see!  I can also see what time has done to my face.  Truly, I have earned every dark circle and wrinkle or as I prefer to call them laugh lines.  My dearest makes me laugh everyday.  Even when things are tough. 

 We've had some trying times as of late, but the good outweigh the bad, and the happy outweigh the sad.  Our beautiful tiny granddaughters are finally home.  Jon and Charlotte's days apart were very difficult, but they made it through.  The girls are growing and healthy. 

 Life is full of challenges, but also filled with joy and love.  We are preparing to celebrate Easter.  Even though Easter is late this year, I was not prepared.  A little cleaning, a lot of planning and lists, checking the pantry.  I got this!  I've been doing the holidays 35 or so years.   They have all turned out fine, even the year it rained INSIDE right before my brunch.  Sometimes a little smoke from the oven, a casserole that needs more time, a cancelled egg hunt due to weather.  Still we are together, and we rejoice.

I am a creature of habit.  I will make the bread for the blessing.  Buy the Polish sausage, color the eggs and go to the blessing of the baskets.  Looking forward to the Spring that is promised but late, to my family gathered and to celebrate life.

Happy and Blessed Easter to you and yours.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Happy days and time together Penny . . .
Happy Easter . . .