Monday, February 17, 2020

Photograph



"I need some way to prove that this was real
A memory is not enough
I'm scared that I'll forget the way it feels to be young and in love."

I've had my first Valentine's Day and first birthday without my sweet husband and it was hard.  I heard a song that struck my heart. It's called Photograph, by Cody Fry. Photograph Cody Fry 
I went to the Chicago Botanic Garden on a cold Valentine's Day.  It was really a perfect winter day, crisp with vibrant blue skies. I took photos of the places we loved and quite accidentally, this post came to be.



The song is beautiful, the sentiments so relatable.  Life goes by so quickly, and I am so grateful to have so many photographs to help me remember the amazing life Tyke and I had together.



"If I wished myself a superpower
I would make this moment last for hours
If I had my way
Time would just stand still
Wait for me until
I find some magic film
To take a photograph and live inside."





"Let me stay right here
Just a moment longer
The picture is so clear
Please let this last forever"



Thanks for stopping by and for your kindness.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny 





2 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh my . . .
You went
Took pictures
Remembered
Felt
Remembered more
I wish Tyke had been at the gardens with you today . . .
He was . . .

Jeanie said...

You will always remember. Love like yours does not fall into the deep hole of forgetting.