Monday, March 9, 2020

As Our Twins Turn One

These tulips lasted two weeks.  They got taller and taller!

 Just a quick post as there is much to do.  Yes, Stevie and Irene will turn one year old in just a few short days.  I am rushing to finish a little project, scrap booking their first year.  I say little with irony, because it has been the most difficult project attempted since the loss of my sweet husband.  The timing of these two events, the birth of our granddaughters and Tyke's death overlap in the most difficult way.  What should have been the happiest of times, was tinged with sadness.  That's exactly what I have experienced while putting together this book.


 No babies visited this weekend and I had this beautiful girl all to myself.  Here she is making a couple of pages for the scrapbook.  Penny loves her cousins, and also loves stickers and ribbon and all the trimmings scattered over the tables.  


I added a couple of pages featuring Charlotte's lovely Mom and the girls great grandmother.  

 It's hard to remember when they were so tiny.  Those months were a blur, and hard to revisit.
It will all be in my made for TV movie, I always threaten to write.  

 So along with  my little project, I have two tiny cakes to bake,  The ones that the girls will get to mess up.  I went to Williams- Sonoma with a gift card in hand and found this small double bundt pan.  They are the same size but completely different, a perfect analogy for our twins.  
  

At HobLob I found these perfect little cake stands.


 These tiny paper plates jumped into my cart at Michaels.
Wouldn't they be perfect for a tiny slice of bundt cake?


Also from Williams-Sonoma these Unicorn themed decorations.

  
Won't those cakes drizzled with frosting and sprinkles, decorated with unicorns and rainbows be sweet on these little stands?

 Penny and I traveled all the way to Antioch to visit a scrapbooking store.  We also visited our favorite nursery and found the cutest little accessories for our fairy garden.  


 The garden has been over wintering in the house and is doing surprisingly well.


 There is Penny the fairy peeking out of the polka dot plant.


 A sleeping cat hidden beneath the foliage.


One of the gnomes.


I also wanted to mention and thank my dear daughter Kristen for deleting over 5,000 emails for me.  A task that has been a frustration to me for literally years.  A technical wiz like her father, she even swore and used some of his mannerisms while finally fixing the problem. I changed the cartridges on my printer (after being given the wrong ones and having to return to Best Buy) and Kris was able to scan another project I have been unable to tackle.  We laughed, I cried remembering my technical support guy, and how many times I fired him.  It was one of those,  the cobbler's wife has no shoes thing. He had so much work of his own, I wouldn't let him spend time on my computer.  I miss yelling to the next room, Honey,  how do I...


I am off to work.  There are pages to be made and cookies and cakes to be baked. I am sorry for the photos in this post. I am not sure why they are so washed out, but I will see my photographer son Jon this week for the festivities. I am sure it is an easy fix, for him.;-)

Thanks for stopping by and for your kindness.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh my . . .
Intermingled, overlapping . . . not sure how you’ll hold on to your heart.
Please be tender with yourself.

Love the book idea, also Penny’s help.

AND Kristin . . . can I hire you for my emails, photos, lack of organization . . .

Caring about you Penny . . .
Happy #1 to the little girls . . .



kristennn said...

Yes Lynne, I am available for hire. :D