Monday, August 31, 2020

Summertime Slipping On Away


The soundtrack is James Taylor, October Road. The song September Grass. Do your musical tastes change with the season? This album sounds like Autumn. Brings to mind many a car ride rolling down the windows when we saw the smoke from a pile of burning leaves. The evenings are cooler.



I went in search of a new scraping paddle for my Kitchen Aid mixer. I went first thing hoping to avoid too many shoppers. Williams Sonoma was open one hour before the rest of the stores in the Fancy Pants Mall. They were very helpful and ordered me a new part. With my errand done, I though I should check out the windows at Pottery Barn. Not too much inspiration. White dishes on a pine table. Not much decoration. I passed Anthropology and took a couple of photos of their windows
Leaves! Paper leaves, from colored paper and map pages, gilded with gold markers. 



The sky was dramatic, but we have had so little rain. Some trees in the neighborhood are dropping leaves, I think from the stress of a dry summer. The granddaughters got together for some sprinkler fun, so there might me one little green patch out back on our lawn..


Charlotte's friend has a farnstand and brought me home a zucchini. The little ones were the biggest fans of the spicy zucchini bread. It was delicious and added to the fallish vibe. My secret ingredients, a bit of nutmeg and orange zest. So flavorful.


Sent most home with Kris and some for Elizabeth and family. Sure is different without my main taste tester and biggest fan of my baking, Tyke. He would hold baked goods up to his nose and breathe in. He loved when I baked. So easy to please that man. 

I hope all is well with you and your families. 
Enjoy these fleeting summer days, fall is upon us.

"And all at once, summer collapsed into fall..."
-Oscar Wilde

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny






2 comments:

Lynne said...

All at once . ..
summer collapsed into fall. . . .
What a love to experience the seasons . . .
Happy days my friend,
gold and orange,
green and brown,
red falling down . . .
Autumn . . .

Melanie said...

Your zucchini bread looks and sounds delicious!

I just got a new scraping paddle for my KitchenAid mixer, too. I found mine on Amazon.

Doesn't Anthropologie always have the best window displays? I always love seeing what they come up with.

xoxo