Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekend Update


 Some lovely tulips from a lovely young lady.
An embossed aluminum tray with tulips.  A thrift store find, perfect for Spring.
 We've had our share of cloudy days, but when the sun comes, out it's warming the soil.
 The hostas have popped.
 Live. Love. Grow.  Good advice for anytime.
 Pushing the season, I found these perfect peonies at the thrift.
 They look so real they fooled my SIL who is flower crazy.
 Looking through the trees won't be possible after a few more warm days and some gentle rain showers.
 The Queen Anne's Lace I had let go to seed out front might take over this year.  I really love having it in my garden, and nothing else seems to want to grow under the canopy of our blood red maple.
 Thrilled by a hosta... I know how my Mom felt years and years ago when she came home with a grocery bag of hosta transplants from a neighbor.  Mom planted them all around the tiny front yard of our home in the city, and was so proud each year when they popped.  I wonder if they are still there?
Trees are leafing out all over.
 A colony of ants has taken up residence in my planter out front.  Yikes!

 Does anyone else look at their home and love it with all it's imperfections?  To know how blessed we are to have a home, filled with Love and kids and messes and fun...it's something I never take for granted.

 The beauty all around us...
...for no day is promised, every one a gift!

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

2 comments:

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Such a lovely post full of the love you have for your home and garden. Such strong words straight from the heart. I'm sure the Hostas your mother planted are still popping up every year. Love the pink blossom photos. Enjoy the new growth everyday in your garden.

Lynne said...

Loved this Penny . . . you are such a love . . .
I too enjoy seeing the Hosta pop out in green . . .
You are further ahead than we are but this warm day today will encourage things to "pop!"

I loved these thoughts from you . . .
Does anyone else look at their home and love it with all it's imperfections? To know how blessed we are to have a home, filled with Love and kids and messes and fun...it's something I never take for granted.

Happy Home, Love, Flowers and more . . .