Monday, March 19, 2018

Nature, and other things.

These cute little crates came from my dear pal Jean.
I start today with a thrift store find.  One that I absolutely did not need, but it called to me.  You know, the siren song of the thrift. I visited my favorite haunt during the week, without my financier, or as you know him, my better half.   The car was already full with a hatch full of groceries.  I saw this table as soon as I came in the door.  Was it the barley legs, the interesting oak top or the handy shelf?  I don't know.  I just loved it.  We usually visit the thrift together on the weekend, so I thought if it's still here, and my honey likes it, it was meant to be.
 As you can see, it came home with us.  My dearest likes it too. It fits in perfectly with my quirky
thrift store vintage decorating scheme.
 I have all my springtime pillows on display.
 These were all found at rummage sales or at a thrift store.
 I love my clip boards.  I change the art through the seasons. As simple as a page from a magazine.
 Sometimes a calendar page. It makes me happy.

"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her."
-William Wordsworth  


We've had a couple of beautiful days here in Chicagoland. 
The temp was about 40 on Saturday and got up to 50+ on Sunday.

 We walked the Chicago Botanic Garden bundled up.  It's always cooler near the Lake, and the wind over the open areas makes for a brisk walk.
The clear blue sky is reflected in the water.
 Here some tulips are poking through the earth.

  So peaceful.  It's a great way to let the stress leave your body.


 It was late on St. Patrick's Day, we saw only six other couples walking.

 All we heard was the Red-winged blackbirds song, and the faint sound of distant traffic.

 At five o'clock the carillon's bells sounded as crisp as the air felt.
 Oh my Cottonwoods, even without leaves they are beautiful.


We did a little cleaning in the yard.  Picked up our tower of wine bottles that fell over, and cleaned a few pots that I let go last fall.  It felt so good to be out in garden.  Finding a few green daffodil and tulip leaves poking through the earth.  Our little shed made it though another winter, go figure.  All the the kitschy do-dads I have hanging up make it sturdy, I guess.  I love this sweet 1/4 acre.  It seems to get bigger the older I get. ;-) 
 As I sat in the living room this evening, I glanced out to see the sky at sunset.
 I wonder what the neighbors think as I run outside with my camera.
I wonder why everyone is not out looking at this glorious sky!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kindness and friendship.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I can see why you are captivated by that table. Good thing we weren't together -- there might have been a bit of a skerfluffle at the antique store as we duked it out! That's the kind of thing I'm looking for at the cottage for my computer -- something with a little shelf just that size! Lucky you!

Beautiful sunsets, Penny.

Lynne said...

Liking that table . . .
And your spring touches . . .
Can’t complain about pink skies either . . .
It’s happening . . . once again . . . SPRING!