Monday, October 22, 2018

Summer Inside Frosty Outside

 My dear Elizabeth brings me summer.  
Flowers so plentiful and beautiful,
I feel like I'm in a magazine shoot. 

 Then I get to play with the flowers. 
Making arrangements.  Taking photos.

 I put these carnations in a vintage glass.

 Spray roses, a perfect pinkish hue...dare I say, a rosy glow? 
(any Seinfeld fans?)

 Papery white ranunculus, so delicate and lovely.

 Thanks Elizabeth.  She remembers me so often.  
Love you Betty.

 A little Halloween decorating.  
Grandma doesn't do scary.  
I love the Great Pumpkin, and so does our baby grand.

 My bicycle basket got a little makeover.

 The Great Pumpkin flag is flying high!

 I guess it's a little spooky at night.

 The garland is old, made from some bags from a sweet friend Barb.  The fabric was torn into strips and looped on a string of LED lights.  I keep it up till after Thanksgiving.  It makes for a welcoming warm glow when we need it most.  It's hard when the sun goes down so early in the evening.  
I miss the longer days.

 That glowing ball is a moon.
The basket from...you guessed it, Elizabeth.

 It was left over from Mike and Amanda's wedding. 
 I found them in Madison Wisconsin last fall when
I visited the Botanic Garden there. 

 My lady spider.  I saw Martha do this years ago,
 but never saw a beautiful spider to do it with.
This spider is lovely, in a this spider can't hurt me kinda way.  
My one venture into kinda creepy Halloween.

 We've had a couple of frosts. 

 Even the for marigolds it was too much.

 Goodbye to the hydrangeas.

 The trees still have their leaves and have not changed color...yet.

 Remembering a summer of fun and celebrating on our deck,
and in your garden.


 Frost on the grass this morning.

"If the world seems cold to you,
Kindle fires to warm it."
-Lucy Larcom

Thanks for stopping by and for your friendship.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny







1 comment:

Lynne said...

Your Elizabeth has some gorgeous flowers.
And you Penny arrange them beautifully.

I don’t do scary, dark, ghost, death kind of Halloween either.
I like jolly, happy pumpkin faces . . .

Frosty has arrived here too.
I still have some cutting back to do and some clean up
but it will have to wait until after the 31st . . .
This is my cooking week . . . busy days!
Happy Halloween Penny . . . enjoy!