Monday, October 15, 2018

Two Years Ago



Wishing our dearest Charlotte and Jonathan a happy second anniversary. 

Remembering the beautiful wedding.
 The sweet coming together of two families.
A magical night and a beautiful marriage.
For a young couple they have been through so much in the last two years. Now we are celebrating that we'll be grandparents again.  Charlotte and Jon are expecting, TWINS!
Our family is growing, and so is the love we have for each other.

 Just as I've said before, the Honey Locusts drop their leaves within a few days.
 A few rainy days makes the leaves fall even faster.
 Our trees will be bare long before the other trees drop their leaves.
 One of my favorite Autumn occurrences. 

 The sky is bluer in Autumn.
Here are the trees just a few days later.
 The contrast of the bare limbs, the puffy clouds and blue sky is amazing.

 The beauty of a perfect Autumn leaf.
 The sunsets!
 The red sky always draws me outside. "Did you see that sky?"  My dearest just smiles.



 I'm sure I have a hundred sunsets photographed, and even more sunrises.  Can't help myself.
Everyone of them is different, fleeting, and touches my soul.

 Elizabeth brought me some gourds.  Here with the sunflower heads I'm drying.

 We had our first frost last week.  I brought in a few plants to over winter indoors.
  


 Glad I did because all the plants I left outside froze.

 Some Autumn touches here and there.

 Drying some herbs.

 The view from my sink.  It might be the most important view in the house.  The one I most take the time to admire.  No matter how many times a day I go to the sink, I look out.  I see the change of the seasons, the weather, the birds, squirrels and bunnies. 

 I am now imagining three grandchildren running through the sprinkler. Raking leaves, (just to throw) in the Fall. Snowballs at the windows and drinking hot chocolate on the deck in the cold. Picking all the tulips in the spring and pouring their bubble liquid in the fountain... Pretty amazing. 
We are blessed beyond measure.

 "Those that don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

Thanks for stopping by and for your kindness.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Exciting days ahead . . ,
Twins in 2019 . . .

Love the yellows this year . . .
Honey Locust is such a pretty tree . . ,

Happy Anniversary to your kiddos!