Monday, August 30, 2010

My Studio WIP





I moved my studio/office to the east side of my home, the room where my son lived until recently. I've been blue since he left, and needed a project to lift my spirits. One morning my dear husband brought a folding table up from the basement and placed it in the room. With this gentle nudge, I started to set up my new space. Using only things I already had, inspired by Jayme, I went to work. It's still a work in progress, though I've been sewing a little. I couldn't wait. The space is working great for me. The room is much larger and filled with light. The first photo is of my old office. With an Amish inspired quilt I made and a favorite photo my dear son took as a starting point, here's how it went.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

how nice! such a big space Penny....room to really create!!

were those baby bottles I saw? do you have a wee one?

Pamela said...

Lovely Penny! It looks like the perfect room to create in. I don't blame you for feeling blue about your son leaving. I dread the day my only child leaves home!
Pamela xo

savvycityfarmer said...

we went to a wedding at the Methodist campground ... very cool, with a sawdust floor ...
the reception was in the large room you showed us ...

how have you been ...
summer is still here isn't it?
your studio sounds divine

Unknown said...

HI PENNY, I THINK YOUR NEW OFFICE/CRAFT ROOM IS ONE OF THE NICEST I'VE SEEN. YOU ALWAYS GIVE 100% ON WHAT EVER YOU DO.