Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Update, Notebook Edition

 
Well, my stack of notebooks got a little shorter this weekend.  I covered a few, inspired by Dawn's use of the burlap ribbon as a binding. (And with her blessing, thanks my friend!)

 
My favorite paper is this chalkboard print from the Hob Lob.  The lawn mower paper makes
 a nice garden journal.

 
How about this for decorating notes and ideas...

 This one is cute, if you can see it. (What's with Picasa?) I amazed my hubby by covering the holes side of the cover too.  The trick, remove the wire, glue down your paper and repunch the holes.  The wire goes back in with a few spins, you just have to straighten the end that is usually bent a little.
I did each inside cover a little differently.  Here's  my favorite old dictionary pages...I'm only on I.
So many vintage pages left for crafting.
I got in a little thrifting, and found a bag of spoons I plan to pound and hammer into garden markers.
I bought two of these plates, pretty for serving a cake or tea sandwiches.
I've got a project for these clipboards.  I once passed up a box full at a rummage sale, not knowing what to do with them.  Now,  I am trying to find enough for me and our son Jon. 
I saw a photo of a wall filled with clipboards...you can change whatever is on them in a second.  Especially great for a photographer like Jon to display his work or inspiration.

 
Looks like real wood...thought the measuring tape was a nice touch.  I'm not finished yet, you saw my stack.

A quiet weekend...oh and I forgot, a quick trip to Colorado.  ;-)  I couldn't sleep Saturday night, so I took a virtual trip, and visited all of my favorite sights.  The Maroon Belles, Hanging Lake in Glenwood Springs and the John Denver Sanctuary in Aspen, of course,  all on the web.  During the day I rarely take the time to search the web, but in the middle of the night, when the house was asleep, it was like being in Colorado again.  Reading other people's reviews, seeing photos and YouTube videos...I even looked for the place I stayed in Aspen when I was 19, yes it's still there, and I hope to stay there again someday.  I did get back to sleep, but it was a cool thing to do. (I know that millions of people are surfing the web all night, but for me, I usually go to bed and sleep.) Thanks to my husband for tackling the dreaded taxes, taking care of some car maintenance and giving blood this weekend.  A hero and a good sport! Now to start another busy week.

Have a great day my friends.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Great post Penny. You are amazingly creative. Seeing one thing and creating it into another. My hubby is like that, saves EVERYTHING and recycles it EVENTUALLY into something new.

Did you go to Colorado on the iPad . . . the pictures are gorgeous!

Love your notebook idea . . .

Jill said...

Love each and every one of your notebooks!

You got some nice things thrifting too!

Barb said...

Penny...love the notebooks, especially with the burlap on the spine. Great work! So creative!

Debby said...

wish I could see the pictures. My computer is really acting up and the pictures aren't coming through. At first I thought you really did go to Colorado. I go about 3 times a year to see my kids and grandkids. What a beautiful state.
I should have gotten up and joined you as sleep didn't seem to be working out last night.

The Feathered Nest said...

Penny!!! I KNEW they would be gorgeous!!! Look how many you made too...they are all so beautiful, such neat papers too! I hope you have a great weekend dear friend, hugs and love, Dawn

lisa said...

Hi penny--just a quickie comment--good to know I'm not the only one who calls it "hob lob"--my kids give me grief about that! :) :) :)
Best, Lisa (the frenchman's wife).

Our Hopeful Home said...

Hey you! They're all just perfect! (Ok, the first one's my favorite! :0) I'm always trying to come up with uses for my vintage dictionary pages, nice job there. I never heard of the clipboard idea, what a great one! If you or your son ever do it you have to do a post on it, I'd love to see! And of course I love flattened spoon garden markers. Now if we can only get our garden going this year....xoxoKathy