Saturday, March 15, 2014

Stewdio 9 in Lake Villa, IL


 It's been a week since we visited Stewdio 9 in Lake Villa, IL.  for locals it's at 19020 Grass Lake Road.
We were visiting the button sale and saw a sale sign. The store is in an old barn and there is nothing I don't like about old barns.  These Tiffany style lamps were hanging from the trees.  A beautiful burst of color against the stark winter surroundings.

 Yes and that's the way they spell studio...
 Remember the great dog...so cute.
 There was so much to see, starting right on the front porch.
 When we walked out of the main shop and into the barn itself we were smitten.
 Why do barns seem colder than the outdoor air?
 There were great displays everywhere, but on this particular day it was freezing in the barn so we didn't stay long.  We will wait for a warmer day to really check out the place.  The owner was charming and told us a little about how they got started.
 We also love tree farms, and this one seemed to be part of the property.
 I'd like to spend some time watching these trees grow. ;-)
 Don't you love these posts that hold the clothesline?
This is the backside of the house, a mansion really.  There was no good vantage point to photograph the front since it's situated on a busy street.  It reminded me of the Italianate Style of homes in Galena Illinois.
Well, we will visit again, and you might ask if I bought anything...I did...two piano player rolls.  I saw them made into a banner at another store recently and I want to try my hand at it.  Stay tuned...
Have a great weekend my friends, and enjoy this beautiful day.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Really HUGE MANSION size house! I think the reason it seems colder inside old barns is because IT IS. I say with a smile . . . Bet that barn will hold some gems for you when you return! Loved your tree farm photos too!

Debby said...

Fun, Fun. My uncle had a Christmas tree farm. I think he had it because it was so much fun meeting the families that came to get the trees.
I bet that barn was cold. Hopefully soon it will be warm enough to venture out. You do seem to be getting out and that's good. If I didn't have to go places I would probably become a hermit.
Today is supposed to be pretty but with snow coming tomorrow.
Have a good week-end.
xo

Our Hopeful Home said...

You know I would have loved this place! And I picked up a piano player roll at a thrift store in Geneva a few years back, not knowing what I'd do with it. A banner sounds like a nice idea. I also saw someone use it as a table runner as well.Just sayin'.....xoKathy