Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Driehaus Museum in the Nickerson House


The first thing I saw was the giant dragonfly.  I had no idea of the significance until I did a little research.
This is the Nickerson House, The Driehaus Museum.  Remember I told you about Richard Driehaus, and the Ransom Cable House...kitty corner of this building. He owns this mansion also. I had no idea it was a museum.  They are having an exhibition, Louis Comfort Tiffany: Treasures from the Driehaus Collection. I know very little about Tiffany, except that dragonflies are a popular motif in his designs. Driehaus owns one of the largest collections of rare Tiffany objects in the country and they are on display in the mansion turned museum.  For more information check out Driehaus Museum
Another photo...on our way home...
I can't wait to visit this neighborhood again when we have time to explore Chicago's own Downton Abbey. The chance to visit and see how the super rich lived in Chicago during the late 1800's is irresistible. During Charlotte's surgery, Roseann, Charlotte's Mom and I talked about how we loved to research...things we see on TV, curiosity about just everything.  The Internet puts the world, and in this case Chicago at our fingertips. A few clicks and I wanted to know more and was able to get a history lesson on my own hometown, while sitting in bed.  It still amazes me!

All is well, and our patient is doing great.  I expect she'll be leaving soon, but not before I try to spoil her for a day or two more.

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy this beautiful day.

Love, Penny xxoo

1 comment:

Debby said...

You are such a special person. You find beauty in everything you see. That dragonfly is beautiful though. Way to go nursie.