Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WIP

We started off the week with some crazy April weather.


The cars, deck and plants were covered with ice and snow. Even though the temperature only went up to forty, all the snow is gone and the plants all seem to have survived.


My last project in the kitchen for now is complete. I had other plans for my island, but. fresh coat of paint is all it got.


I saw a wash tub hung like this on Pinterest, and Honey had the hook and the strength to turn the screws. It makes me happy...


Favors for our family. I never got a good image from this rubber stamp, till I learned to turn it over and press the tag onto the inked stamp. These carrot bags were perfect for a few little treats each.

I baked cookies and cupcakes. I am making two oldies but goodies for Easter... Jello broken glass cake, a staple in our house when we were kids. It's from the book, Joy of Jello and takes a few steps to make. The other is chocolate eclair cake with graham crackers, pudding and chocolate ganache frosting. I choose these because they can be made way ahead of time. With the house full of guests, and some VIPs staying for a while, I want to be part of the fun.

With the forty days of a Lent almost over, I can see the fruits of my labor. Clean drawers, cabinets, a fresh coat of paint on the kitchen. I gave up clutter, moved and walked each day. Sewing and crafting, taking care of our dear Charlotte. Even started on some outdoor cleanup. I have to say I feel satisfaction that I spent these days busy... Every job done with love. Isn't that what Easter is all about, Love?

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

xxoo Penny






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Ambitious forty days Penny! Good for you . . .
Happy Easter . . . enjoy your family time!

Melanie said...

You are one heck of a busy woman in your house! I hope your family appreciates all that you do. Now sit down and put your feet up and relax a little bit! :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

You did a great job with your 40 days, Penny! It's a good feeling to be productive and see the fruits of your labor.

Your Easter desserts sound great! I had big ambitions until I caught a nasty cold. Thank goodness for the recipes that now use cake and cookie mixes as a base. Semi-homemade? Good enough for me!

Happy Easter to you and your family!

XO,
Jane

Our Hopeful Home said...

Can I come over to your house for Easter lol? Sounds like you are ready! I can't believe it's upon us, time is moving way too quickly for me these days. Happy Easter, friend! xokathy