Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Vintage Valentine

 Keeping busy with some handwork, some little Valentines.
 From a Shabby Chic place mat, thrifted of course...
 A buttonhole stitch and some TV and music time.
 The flowers come from this doily...
 and the place mat... I knew from the moment I picked it up it would be hearts!
 Hearts are on my mind.  Son Jon bought a drink with this beautiful pattern on the can.  Who knows what I'll do with these.
 This is the only decorating I've done for Valentine's day so far...
...and the roses and red candle.

Just wanted to check in, so much for being a better blogger this year, this is only my 8th post. More family news next time. Thanks for sticking with me dear friends.

Enjoy this beautiful day.

4 comments:

babs said...

Adorable valentine creation! You have such a knack!

Lynne said...

Ambitious you have been Penny with the Valentines . . . I am just now thinking about it . . . I hope to do some baking tomorrow . . .
Looking forward to hearing more about the family . . . how is little Miss P?

Melanie said...

Good to hear from you again on your blog, Penny! LOVE the hearts made from the placemats...as I always say, my talented and creative friend. Miss you lots...sending you love and hugs.

Debby said...

Love your hearts and your real heart.
I can't wait to hear more about your family.
Hugs