Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Spring

Today is the first day of Spring.  I'm loving the longer daylight, the little buds on the trees and shrubs and the occasional little sprout.  This little vignette I put together in a crate from Elizabeth with items I've used for years to decorate for Spring.  Using things in a new and different way.
 I can't tell you how long I've had this little piece of stained glass.  It finally went up in the window.  A perfect touch of green and pink for Spring.
 I started on these signs in the summer.  Painted the boards I got three for a dollar at a flea market.  I made a Christmas tree sign that was sold at our auction in December, and now I have almost completed these two.  One for Elizabeth and one for me.  I toy with the idea of selling some of my vintage at one of the summer markets, or even having a sale of my own.  English Valley Vintage has a nice ring to it.  The signs now need to be distressed and sealed.  Hubby will drill some holes for a hanging wire or rope.
 Those flower accents are Wallies.  Wallpaper like additions.  I have a collection and have used them on many surfaces.  I am not sure they still make them.  If you are interested, I will share.  Leave me a comment.

 Someone was visiting this weekend.  Penny spent the night and we took her and the wagon to the Botanic Garden.  It was cold and windy, but Penny ran like the wind.  She is getting so tall and has so much energy.  We did have to urge her to get out of the wagon, she's a smart cookie and loves a ride.  We took almost 7,000 steps according to my hubby's pedometer.  I bet Penny took twice as many.

Grandpa got tired and sat in the wagon for fun.  The things we do for love!  We don't mind looking foolish to make our girl laugh.  She lights up our lives.
 There is some blooming going on at home...
 The geranium I brought in, in the fall is blooming again.
 also a orchid is sending up a shoot.  This is exciting.  I haven't had a orchid bloom in a couple of years.
 "Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." William Wordsworth

 "When all at once I saw a crowd, A host, of golden daffodils..." William Wordsworth
 I think my sewing machine has sewn it's last pillowcase.  Dear Kristen is letting me use her machine until I decide on a new machine for myself.  Thanks sweetie.
A couple of thrifted pretties.  

"Be a gardener of life.  Lots of what you do doesn't show, like the roots of a tree.  No work is ever wasted if it expresses something important to you." Alexandra Stoddard

Thanks for stopping by and for your friendship.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I need you to get me inspired . . .
Thought of you this morning when I pulled my pillow cases from the clothesline.
(Mister Irish hooked me up with a retractable clothesline for our screen porch.)
(My sheets and pillow cases never see a clothes dryer . . .)
Back to pillow cases . . . when is your bazaar . . . I need to shop!

Loved Penny's wagon full . .
Aren't the smiles just the best ever.
I am excited, I get to play with almost three year old great grand tomorrow!!
Books, Painting and walking in puddles will be my plan!

Happy Spring Penny!

Melanie said...

I love seeing all the beautiful touches around your home! Love the signs you made. The picture of Tyke in the wagon is hilarious! I will send you a private email...talk to you soon!
Love,
Mel