Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Lil' Chest of Drawers

We hit a great rummage sale this weekend.  I found this lil' chest of drawers.  Someone was looking at the contents, and I piped up and asked if I could have the chest.  There was a 1/2 off sale, 1 hour away, but I didn't want to hang around and take the chance that someone else might take this lil' guy home.  I payed the full price...$12!!!  I didn't turn it over till I got home and saw the original price tag from Crate and Barrel, $79.95! 

 I guess they didn't turn it over either.  It has a slightly chipped corner and a loose knob. 
My other bargain was 2 bags, that were 1/2 off, so for $2 I got all these vintage linens.  A souvenir apron from Portugal, several embroidered runners, some vintage print table linens, a few crochet items...
 Can you imagine, all that work, the flowers and lattice...
 This bear is machine embroidered, but so cute.
 Check out this fillet crochet edge.
 Baby swans!
A couple of ceramic bowls, a very tall glass hurricane and my honey picked out something for his desk... that was our take from this sale.  I've already washed all the linens, and used the chest on my buffet. I'll show you tomorrow.

Is anyone having problems commenting?  I've tried a few times today, just to see the comments disappear into cyberspace.  Now what's up google?

It's beautiful here today.  Sure is nice to see the sun again after a while in the gloom.  Enjoy this beautiful day my friends.
I'm linking to Kathy's Club GW party here!  Hope I did it right Kathy...thanks for asking!

1 comment:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Um, Club G.W.? Where are you? Scores like this one just have to be there!