Thursday, August 21, 2014

Our Annual Visitor

...
  Our old friend Hummy is back.  A hummingbird that has visited for years.
Anyway, we like to think it is the same bird.  (I've read that some hummingbirds can live for 6, 8 or 10 years!)
Enlarge the photos to see this sweet visitor.
Years ago we helped a hummingbird who crashed into our patio door.  It was an encounter that son Jon and I will never forget.  Today's visitor reminded me of that day, and the strange coincidence that a hummingbird has visited every year since. A magical experience.

Enjoy this beautiful day my friends.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

That would be cool if it were the same bird! I love your bathroom that you are redoing - great job!

Our Hopeful Home said...

We just saw one this past weekend, too! It went right up to Tom's face (he was standing next to a hanging flower basket) then whisked away like something out of a Peter Pan movie! We also had one caught in our garage a few years ago. We google them and found out that they have to drink really often or they die so we were worried about it getting out. I placed an orange tiger lily near the top of the garage door at the entrance and it saw that and flew towards it and out of the garage. They love bright colors! Pretty neat if yours is the same one every year. I didn't know they lived so long!
xo Kathy

Lynne said...

I bet it is the same bird . . . "believe it and it will be so."
Loved this Penny!