Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A December to Remember

I've been away so long, I am having a very hard time putting this all together. Trying to condense all the joy and feelings, the happiness and pleasure, the fun and laughs.  Here it is, our December to remember...

Since we last talked, this is what has been happening...

I got all my baking finished in three days...12 kinds of cookies plus kolacky, a Polish cookie my Mom used to make.  I took my own advise and when I was finished I had some fun...
Before our guests arrived we went to the Winter Solstice fire at the Somme Woods in Northbrook.  This lovely lady looked like she stepped out of the movie The Village.  She was carrying her Dad's guitar.  Her Dad is the brother to our Piper Marty.  You might remember that last year we missed the start of the fire and the music.  Marty stepped out into the woods and serenaded us in the snow for a magical memory we'll never forget.  I got to tell him so this time. He was so kind and friendly, I think we have a new friend.
 Families and friends gather on the shortest day of the year to banish the darkness.
If you love a campfire, you'd love this huge fire.  It warms you to the core and is the perfect way to kick off the Christmas festivities.
The stewards of the woods burn all the brush and invasive trees cleared by volunteers.  Around the ash left behind, plant seeds germinate in the spring.  It's so very cool to attend and a new tradition that next year this little one will be able to attend with us...
Our baby grand in her new bedroom.  Mom and Dad found a beautiful apartment in Chicago.  Sweet P. was very excited to dance in every room and we even partied in her closet.  They arrived on the Monday before Christmas and left on Saturday.  This girl is full of fun, mischief, energy and especially love.
Speaking of love, our dear daughter now has her own washer and dryer!  A luxury unknown to most New York apartment dwellers.  I'll write more soon about their move and all the changes coming to their family and ours.  Just know that Grandma and Grandpa couldn't be happier, and that our constant companion, the sweetest grand in the land will be a much bigger part of our lives.  We got a taste of it over the holiday and it was pure pleasure, exhausting for the old folks but Love and sweetness that only a child can give.
On Christmas Eve I had all my children home.  For me that was my best gift.  Mike came in for just a couple of days, and we all had the best time.  .
 When my sweet husband and I walked outside on Christmas Eve, as we do each year, my heart was full and grateful.  Oh the the joy we felt.
 There really is no place like home for the holidays! We love our kids so much and enjoy their visits.
Also all of my brothers and their families were able to join us.
Christmas morning our little one woke up to this little kitchen.  It was a magical, happy and blessed holiday for my family.  I hope that you and yours enjoyed every moment.

Now to get the house back in order, and plan a little something for new year's eve for my sweetheart and I..

Thanks for stopping by and for your friendship and kind comments.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, Penny! Looking forward to seeing you soon in 2015. xoxo

Linda said...

Lovely photos. Happy 2015. :)

Lynne said...

Such a wonderful happy post . . .
What a year 2015 will be for you!
Happy Everything Year Miss Penny . . .