Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Rest and Relaxation


When all the kids were back at home and the house seemed a little too empty, we headed out for a little R&R up to Wisconsin.
We stopped at Northwind Perennial Farm and got to see all of the amazing Christmas finery.  Such a magical place to wander.  Guided by friendly dogs and cats and chickens, even a gaggle of geese!
 My dearest stayed outside by the fire while I walked and gawked.  
 There is so much to see...one of those places where there are treasures at every turn.
It was a beautiful day in the 40's, the the snow was melting from all the roofs. I ran between the drip drops to look at all the splendor.
 The thing I liked best in this display...the rustic frame with the hardware cloth. Go figure.
 The misty snow covered tree in the silo is worth the trip in itself.
Saw some great ideas too, like the canning jars turned into lanterns.  I know just where I have those very same wicks.
 It really is an art,  making displays so beautifully they catch your breath.
We've visited in every season, but I love our winter visits the best!

I came home with two bunches of boxwood and I made a wreath...want to see how?  Come back tomorrow and I'll show you.  Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi! Can you believe I've never been to that farm?! I will have to make a visit someday soon. Did you know Trader Joes has beautiful boxwood wreaths? Talk to you soon!

Debby said...

My kind of get away. Fun times.

Lynne said...

Looks like a wonderful place to visit . . . I can't wait to see the boxwood . . . hurry . . .