Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Interrupted


 My Christmas preparations took a back seat to helping our son Mike and his girlfriend Amanda move from Lansing Michigan to Cleveland Ohio.  Arriving in Lansing, this was the welcome sign on our room.  A good omen since I collect picnic baskets.  We helped the kids clean and pack up the old place, then join them in Ohio.
 Mike and Amanda parked the truck at the hotel and arrived at dawn for the first part of their journey.  Dad was there to help supervise the loading of Amanda's car on the trailer.  Crazy kids, who moves in December?
 They do... when Amanda got a terrific job offer and they were able to sublet their Lansing apartment. (the new tenant wanted possession immediately!)
 Here is their new town, Cleveland Ohio.  I was surprised at the beauty of Lake Erie.
.I will be learning more about it in the months to come since it is in Mike's backyard!
 Beautiful homes line the shore, not unlike our our shoreline on the North Shore of Lake Michigan.
 Their new place has character.  Many built ins, claw foot tub, old fashioned charm.
 Wait till they get all their things arranged and put their mark on this apartment and make it home.
Vintage touches.

The road home was long and lonely. I am so very proud of Mike and the wonderful hard working man he is. I wish they were closer, but distance cannot change our mutual love or change our closeness in heart.

One more thing...

"Don't get so wrapped up in the holiday hustle and bustle that you forget to enjoy yourself!"
I saw that in Better Homes and Gardens and I am taking it to heart  Thanks so much for stopping in.
Enjoy this beautiful day.

4 comments:

Debby said...

Hmmmmm, in Ohio. Maybe sometime we can actually meet. Still a couple hours away.....but maybe.
I am trying to really take it easy this holiday. I leave on the 22 for Colorado. I'm sure when that that gets closer I will stress out. Hoping to have our Christmas here the day before I leave.
We had a call to show our house today. So some people do move this time of the year. We actually moved into our first home on Christmas Eve. Then the day after Christmas we drove to Disneyworld. I was a lot younger then.
Happy Holidays.
Congrats to your son and his wife.

Melanie said...

That is quite a road trip that you just took! How wonderful of you and your hubby to help your son and his GF move, especially out of state. Love and hugs to you, my friend.

Lynne said...

Such wonderful momma and papa things you do for your kiddos! Happy you are back home and getting ready to do some pretty spectacular relaxing, baking and getting ready for Christmas . . . Happy days Penny!

Our Hopeful Home said...

They're both so lucky to have you two! It's a big move but you're right. It can't change the love. Here's to a blessed and beautiful Christmas.
xoKathy