Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Willoughby Gazette, Holiday Edition

 All the news that's fit to print! Extra, Extra, read all about it...
 Wow, things are hopping here in English Valley with the news of an ENGAGEMENT!  Son Jonathan asked his sweetheart Charlotte to marry him, and she said YES!  No surprise to anyone who knows these two who are hopelessly devoted to each other and crazy in love.  They've had a very hard year, both being injured in two car accidents, other health issues, Charlotte's job search, but they stuck together and overcame obstacles, and persevered.  On the 4 year anniversary of their meeting,  Jon popped the question in front of the Christmas tree at Daley Plaza in downtown Chicago, using his Grandmother's emerald ring from the 1940's.  My Mom just loved Jon Jon as all the family still calls him.  She would be so proud of the wonderful man he has become and his choice of the beautiful, smart and wonderful Charlotte for his bride.  A perfect match.
 We celebrated with sparking grape/blueberry juice and hazelnut candies.  We are thrilled to be adding Charlotte to our family!  I love these two, they are both wonderful.
 Here's my favorite little family.  Their time in NY is quickly coming to an end.  Today we celebrate Kristen's birthday.  Oh the joy and love Kris has given to me. Next year we will celebrate her birthday together, or maybe we'll babysit so Kris and Doug can celebrate while Grandpa and I have some fun with our sweet p.
Happy Birthday Kristen, may all of your dreams come true! I love you so!

Mike and  Amanda sent me one of the first pictures of their place decked out for the holidays.   Stockings, a Norfolk Island Pine for a Christmas tree and the Charlie Brown tree I bought to them on the mantle. They are settling in to their new life in Ohio and Mike was able to transfer one of his jobs to the greater Cleveland area.  I am still missing my baby boy, but he'll be home for Christmas.  I can't wait.

Baking starts NOW.  I have 3 lbs of butter softening on the counter with three more in the fridge.  I'm gonna try to bake as many cookies as possible today and tomorrow, then move on to all the other stuff that needs to be done before my family arrives. Christmas carols playing, thoughts of Mom and Dad in my heart will make baking a pleasure. Hope to show you some finished cookies soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments.  Enjoy this beautiful day!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations to Jon Jon and Charlotte! That emerald ring is *gorgeous*. And happy birthday to Kristen! I've made and baked four different kinds of cookies. They're all in the freezer. I'm DONE! All that's left for me is wrapping gifts - which is my most dreaded "chore". Lucky for me that Brian helps. Neither of us is very good at it, but that's OK. :-)

Lynne said...

Congratulations to Jon and Charlotte . . . the love birds! And soon the NYC kids will be Chi Town kids and there will Be Happy Days Are Here again playing in the background. Now if we can get Mike and his sweet a bit closer . . . life might be almost perfect.
Happy, Merry, Lovely, Blessed Christmas Mrs. P . . . and that huggable guy next to you too!

babs said...

Oh Penny...such exciting news you've delivered lately. An engagement, Sweet P moving to Chicago, and Mike spreading his wings.....traveling down a new path! So very exciting. May your days ahead be blessed!
Happy Holidays my friend!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Such great news, Penny!
Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones.
God bless!
xoxox
Alison

Debby said...

Congratulations on the engagement. I hope you had a great Christmas. Ours is coming to an end in Colorado. We had unwanted guests......germs. but we are all surviving. Hugs