Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Touch of Autumn


I've been adding little touches of Autumn to our home this week. Slowly but surely the seasons change inside as well as outside. Some pillows on the sofa in the living room. My copper coffee table has some leaves, and my dearest Aunt Sabina's painting is on the wall. Some of my many suitcases are in the corner.



In the family room is a mirror I painted years ago. The leaves were stamped with metallic paints. The long wooden bowl is filled with pine cones. I need to find a 12 step program for my pine cone addiction. I have a bushel full, but cannot pass a good one on our walks with out picking it up.



My youngest brother has been trying to find a home for this coffee table for ages. It's huge and not practical for our home. From now until the new year our house is filled with family and friends for all the holidays, so... it's in my family room! He caught me in a moment of weakness. It does look pretty, and it's light enough to roll into the garage when we need the space.. What would you have done? ;-)



This is our front door, with a warm welcome to all our family and friends.


Stay, stay at home, my heart, and rest;
Home-keeping hearts are happiest...
To stay at home is best.


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

Thanks for dropping by :)
Always good to find useful ideas for those things that we love but tend to 'store' isn't it.
Spring is happening here but the rain just keeps on coming. No complaints though as I think we are no longer in drought! Makes for a safer bushfire season too.
Best wishes from over here :)
Irene x