Thursday, February 9, 2012

On a Roll...

I made home made pizza rolls for the big game on Sunday. I took a couple of photos. I brown some ground sirloin, season and drain. (ground Italian sausage would be great too.) Then I mix some spaghetti sauce from the jar with all the spices I normally use for spaghetti sauce, oregano, basil, rosemary, red pepper flakes, onion powder and garlic powder..I always add sugar to my sauce, for this I'd use a teaspoon or more. (Just like Mom did!) Then add that to the cooled meat along with large quantities of grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. (I used 1lb with a handful of parmesan)

I buy the egg roll wraps at the produce department. I line them up on my counter, brush each with egg wash. (one egg beaten with one cup water) Then I start to roll them up. This technique I learned at the worst job I ever had. You simply fold over the wrap and use the egg wash as a glue to keep it all together. Bring in the sides...more egg wash, then roll to the end. The wraps are covered with corn starch, so it gets pretty sticky.

Then deep fry. My least favorite thing to do in the kitchen, what a mess. I make these once a year, but worth the trouble.


I finished the afghan for baby grand. It took a while but I am pleased with the end result.

Checking off all the things I've finished in the last week and a half and I am ...on a roll.;-) Enjoy this beautiful day.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Pizza rolls sound delicious . . . baby blanket is beautiful . . .
You accomplish more in one week than anyone I know!
DYNAMO!