Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Update


This old girl was spoiled and gifted and showered with flowers.  This little orchid plant was the feather in my birthday bonnet.  My dear pal Jane remembered me with this sweet plant, I don't want to do it in.  I hope it thrives on neglect, the only kind of indoor plants I seem to keep alive.
After a long week indoors, we headed up north for a mental health Sunday ride.  We left a mountain of things undone just to have a little drive, a walk on the lakefront and some fresh cold air.  It was a beautifull Sunday, and we just drove with no destination. 
 The sky was so blue, did you notice, like it was scrubbed clean.
The lake was frozen, and when the sun hit the ice, the glare was blinding.  I had no idea when I aimed my camera what would come out.
Soon the ice will be gone.  Even with the cold temperatures, the sun was warm...and have you noticed how long the days are getting?
The night skies have been so clear this weekend.  Did you see Venus and Jupiter?  At sunset look west, it's spectacular to see these planets, the brightest things in the sky.  For more info check this out!

Happy Presidents Day...  Who is your favorite President?  Mine, if your wondering...Jimmy Carter!  I am not a political person, but I so admire President Carter and the things he's accomplished since he was President.  He works for peace around the world, has eradicated disease, fought for justice. A Nobel prize winner for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts. A great writer, a all around good guy.  Remember when he "lusted in his heart" and felt bad about it.  I love that about him!  Have a great day my friends.


1 comment:

Lynne said...

Great post birthday girl!

I like what you said about Jimmy Carter. He has humility. So do you!