Thursday, July 26, 2012

With a Little Help from My Friends

 
Have I mentioned that I have the very best friends?  Well, I do.  My friend Mary Ann asked me if we needed a crib for when sweet p. comes to visit.  I never imagined the fancy crib we would receive from my generous friend.  It is beautiful, and fits perfectly in our guest room.  All I had to buy was a sheet, since the last one I thrifted in gingham blue, I gave to Kristen for babygrand's crib at home. I'm still on the lookout for more.  Babies need lots of sheets.

 
I found this popcorn stitched crochet afghan at the local thrift.  I've actually made this pattern before.  I only got to scarf width.  I had to rescue this one, and the price, well, I couldn't have bought a skein of "pound of love" yarn with what I paid for this.  Who made this?  How did it end up in a thrift store?  Kinda breaks my heart a little.  (It is beautifully made and washed up like new!)

It looks great with the cute patterned sheet.
 
The Mom and Dad side of the room. The quilt on the wall I made, the one on the bed from a rummage sale.


 Things are pretty close. Someday I will make or find a canopy, but it's so sweet with just the frame.


On the other side of the room, the bird dresser.  From another dear friend Jean.

 A cozy corner to rock.  The most expensive thing in the room is on the rocker, (except for the mattress) a Mennonite quilt bought at an auction over 25 years ago.  I got caught up in the bidding, but I was never sorry I won it.  It has been on the wall, on the bed, in a box, with a fox...;-)

And a cuddly flannel quilt...OK, I'm ready... Oh, the anticipation!  Have a great day my friends.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynne said...

So sweet . . . and exciting. I forgot to ask, how long are they staying?

Our Hopeful Home said...

How great is that? I could kick myself, we must have at least one crib in our basement....but not as cute as the one you got! Love that little blanket, too. All my kids STILL sleep with homemade blankets/quilts that were made for them when they were babies. Must be someting about the love....:)

Anonymous said...

What's up, after reading this awesome piece of writing i am as well cheerful to share my knowledge here with friends.
Feel free to visit my website :: tokyo milk candles