Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Joy

 
When you jump head first into Christmas like I do and most every woman I know, Christmas Eve is the culmination of weeks of thought, planning and work.  There has never been a year when I felt more rewarded than this one.  Everyone came to our dinner and festivities.  There were so many hugs, laughter, good conversations and especially,  baby love. Everyone held a baby at some point...though my brother Jeff did bond with our sweet p. and held her whenever I couldn't!  We are blessed to have 3 wonderful babies in our family now.  You know them as our little bird, now 4, baby bug, days shy of 1 and of course
sweet p. our grand daughter now 7 months old!

 
The decorations sparkled, the food was plentiful and the cookies a hit as usual.

 
There is always a moment I step outside to look at our house on Christmas Eve.  With a grateful heart I take a moment to appreciate all that we are blessed with.  A house overflowing with love.


 
This special girl made this Christmas one I'll never forget.

 
My heart... My sweet girls... Kristen and company...   My wonderful guys... my dearest hubby, Jon, Mike and Doug... Charlotte and Rachel... my brothers and their dear wives, my nieces and nephews... 
Moments of pure joy. 

I still have company, and more to tell.  Till next time.  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy this beautiful day. 


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Debby said...

Sweet memories for ever. Glad it was wonderful.

Lynn said...

Penny, taking a moment to step outside on Christmas eve night is inspirational. Glad your home is filled with joy into the new year.

savvycityfarmer said...

your life is complete now ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR
dear friend of mine ...

you are loved ...

savvycityfarmer

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

That is so sweet...how you go outside and feel so grateful for everything within those walls...just love that. What a beautiful family!
Karen

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Penny, what a beautiful post!!! I'm so very glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! Our precious family members and sweet, sweet babies make all the planning and preparations worth it all ~ I wanted to stop by and with you a beautiful, happy and healthy new year sweet friend!!!! We do have so very much to be thankful for ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Our Hopeful Home said...

So glad you had such a wonderful Christmas Eve, and I'm hoping Christmas Day was no less wonderful! You've said it all, sweet family is what binds us together and makes us whole. We missed our east coast clans again this year as usual. But we reveled in our immediate little family that we do have. And it was good:) Great blessings on us both, dear friend! Happy New Year!

Lynne said...

You exude love and appreciation . . . such a nice post.

I do like you . . . step outdoors, to look at our lights at night. Brings me peacefulness . . .

Happy cuddles these last few days . . .
Love, Lynne