Sunday, December 30, 2012

Some Secrets Revealed

 
Before I forget, I wanted to show you a few of the projects I kept as a surprise for Christmas.  Remember I was trying to keep expenses to a minimum and still have something special for everyone.  I made 5 pillows with this fabric.  It was a shower curtain that I found at a resale shop.  I loved the bright print, the trees especially.  Scattered among them are the occasional owl and squirrel.  A quick wash and a little oxy clean on a water spot and the fabric was perfect.  I was able to make all the pillows with $4 purchase...the catch was the pillow forms.  I managed to buy them one at a time with my 40% off coupon at Hob Hob.  Do you love the electronic coupons?  Me too!  Now another catch.  Kris and Doug couldn't take their pillows home on the plane, so God willing, we will have to deliver them! 

 
I made this Little Birds Garland for my sweet p.  I found it at Sew, Mama, Sew...and sew I did.

 
This will hang over Penny's crib.  By the way, she just loved our real bird Blue.  Kris is teaching Penny signs, and the one for bird is putting your thumb and index finger together like a birds beak. 

 
Then the pillowcases.  I made 8 of this fabric.  (20 all together)  It's hard to find a fabric that the guys will like too.  This music print I bought at Ikea right after Thanksgiving and perfect since all my kids are into music.  Kris, Jon and Mike each got a set and one to each of my nephews.

 
I even managed to make a pillow for myself with the tea stained fabric. There are other things I didn't photograph, but things I've shown before...sweetheart mitten for my sweetheart, and a matching scarf...
a cozy throw for him too.  Crocheted facecloths, a few more pillows...some still to be gifted!

The last secret I want to reveal is that my hubby and I are BIG BANG THEORY  fans. (CBS on Thursday at 7:00 central) We are late to the party as usual and just started watching this show last year with reruns on TBS.(We have watched every episode to date thanks to the local library!) This show makes us laugh, and I mean LAUGH.  It's smart and funny with some of the most interesting and silly characters you'll find on TV.  Our kids got us some of the DVDs for Christmas. So cool!  Sheldon is my favorite character, with Amy Farrah Fowler a close second.  Plus, there is a Penny on the show!  Knock knock, Penny, knock knock, Penny, knock knock, Penny! If you haven't seen it, check it out. 

On to two days of relaxation...I so need it.  I bet you dear friends need some R&R too!  Take care, and thanks for stopping by. See you next year! 


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Debby said...

Wish I could sew. Love the tree and the music material. Love that glove pillow. So nice that you could make alot of your gifts. The birdies for Penny are so sweet. Imagine how many times she will look at those. Have a good new years.

Our Hopeful Home said...

I absolutely LOVE the tree fabric! And, as usual, I was also busy making pillows for gifts this year. Wish those great minds would surprise us one of these days! :). That bird garland is precious, penny is so lucky to have you! Hope you and the family have a spectacular new year!

Kathy

Lynne said...

Penny,
Sew, sew, sew. . . . such wonderful pillows and other things you are making for others. The little bird garland/hanging looks delightful. Ahhh, a trip maybe . . . What fun. Happy New Year . . . may your constnt companions be love, love and more love.
Be well my friend,
Lynne

The Tablescaper said...

Wow! You've been busy,

- The Tablescaper

Jill said...

Such beautiful birds and pillows! YOu are such a talented lady!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have also discovered The Big Bang Theory and love it. Thanks for clearing something up for me. I thought her name was Any Ferrafowler!! didn't realize Farrah was her middle name. HaHa - Suzan