Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Forecast...Cookies with the chance of SNOW!

 
I've made a small dent in my cookie baking.  Yesterday morning I quickly made 4 batches.
These are dreamsicle cookies, Mike and Charlotte's favorites.

 
Then there are oatmeal scotchies, Jon's fav, Turtle bars...Tracy and Elizabeth's favorite.  Orange Marmalade bars...chocolate and orange, a great combination.

I had the comfort of my two great nieces.  They are usually on the move...busy and toddling.  Yesterday they were the cuddliest.  The little bird even fell asleep snuggled next to me.  A very rare occurrence these days.  They are just the medicine I needed.
The Little Bird told me the true story of seeing Santa over the weekend.  I got a photo of our calm girl next to Santa and was amazed.   She told me what really happened... she cried and screamed (her words) when Santa came, but then composed herself to go up to Santa to thank him for the gift she received.  I told her I was proud of her... and how I was always afraid of Santa too.  Now as an adult I will give Santa a friendly wave, from a distance. ;-)

 
Snow is predicted for tonight.  Oh how I've missed those sparkling flakes!  I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know...

I'm including the recipe for the Dreamsicle Cookies, happy baking!

1 stick butter
1/2 cup Tang, yes tang, just like the astronauts used to drink!
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 and 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
vanilla chips

Cream butter, tang, sugar, egg, vanilla.  Mix flour, soda, powder and salt in separate bowl, add to wet ingredients...add vanilla chips.
Shape into walnut sized balls.  Bake for 9 minutes at 350.

This was adapted from a mix in a jar recipe.
Keep this one in mind...you will not see these cookies at a cookie exchange, and they are good!

Thanks for stopping by my friends.  Enjoy this beautiful day. THINK SNOW!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

SNOW? REALLY? I hadn't heard, but I could use some right about now. Just doesn't really feel like Christmas without it if you know what I mean. You are so good as usual, baking away. THey all sound scrumptious. I have, so far, baked all of two batches of cookies. Two. And the kids have pretty much scarfed them all down already. So I guess it's back to work for me:)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Wow, I didn't even know you could still get tang. I totally want to try these cookies!