Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Ahhhh Tuesday!

Our weekend was quiet...until Sunday.  We were just going to head to the city to pick up our son.  The temperature was in the 90's and his car has no AC.  We were going to bring Jon and Charlotte back to the burbs for some R&R
First to drop off some items at my friend Jean who lives near our parish.  We were seeing signs all along the way for a rummage sale. Of course we had to drop in.  We bought the bag, so to speak, and I proceeded to fill it with cool stuff.  Funny, I liked the stuff everyone else left behind.( Last 2 hours of the sale.)
 Beautifully crazed saucers...
 A Blessed Mother planter, frames, terracotta pots...
 This charming Avon chicken guest soap holder complete with egg shaped soaps!
 An amazing tatted collar...
 Hours and hours, maybe hundreds of hours of work.
 Thirty vintage hankies...Wow!
 A vintage hand towel, embroidered pillowcases.
This is the graphic on the box of the Avon soap holder.  It SCREAMS 1974!  I even managed to put a few things for the babygrand in and one thing for Grandpa.  A very satisfying bag.

Then off towards downtown Chicago via the Kennedy Expressway.
This might be a Blue Angel or a spot on the windshield
We were listening to the Air and Water Show on News Radio WBBM 780 ( unless the Cubs are playing...then tune to 105.9 on the FM dial.) It's like listening to the game, except they are describing  what was happening at our beautiful Lakefront in the air.  It was near the end of the program, with the last act...THE NAVY BLUE ANGELS!  Looking out over the skyline we could see the Blue Angels from the Kennedy.
Hard as I tried I didn't get any photos.  I was shaking, my heart rate soared to see these incredible machines dart across the sky right in front of us.  I was laughing, crying!  When they came directly overhead I pumped my fists and cheered!  It was the coolest 30 minutes EVER.  I felt the most patriotic feelings, with the power of these planes and the bravery of our pilots. I was still shaking when we picked up our son.  Maybe next year I'll be on the Lakefront, or maybe being on the Kennedy is the best place for me.  :-)
.
Great shot of our antenna 

The Sunday got more interesting when we stopped by to see our babygrand and she ended up coming home with us.  

Just to show you what I am dealing with with our grand daughter...We had dinner on Sunday and everyone was relaxing.  Penny wanted to go for a walk.  We started down the block.  Penny said, "Let's have a little adventure."  I was wearing sandals, not really walking shoes.  Penny insisted that we go back home and that I put on comfortable shoes.  She wanted to walk to the park.  Now we've been to this particular park ONCE.  After changing my shoes and heading out again, I wasn't sure we would make it all the way to the park, so when I tried to turn back into the neighborhood. Penny stood her ground.  "This is not the way to the park!" I could not convince her that we could go another way.(I really wanted to stay close to home.)  I took her hand and crossed the street, this time heading towards the park.  When she saw the playground Penny said, "I told you Grandma, this is the park where we watched the fireworks!"  She was right, but she's only three years old!  How in the world am I going to keep up with this girl? ;-) We had a great time and Grandpa magically showed up and took us for ice cream!  Do all grandparents have this much fun?

Then on Monday the cousins came.  We had a house full of fun. Yes, Tuesday.  Glad to see you.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

No comments: