Monday, August 3, 2015

Wild Weather Weekend


These calm clear photos don't match my title today.  The weather on Friday was not
at all wild, but it was windy and hot, not unlike our wedding day.
 We spent our anniversary at our spot at Lake Michigan, on this bluff we love,
 as I look down with trembling knees.
Little things I notice and photograph...this is the summer of Queen Anne's Lace. I have some growing in my garden in back and in my front yard.  It brings me joy.
You gotta love technology that lets you have a business meeting without missing this view...or your anniversary.
A different variety of milkweed grows here in Wisconsin, and the Monarchs were everywhere.

We had a nice lunch and picked up a pie at The Elegant Farmer on the way home.  It felt like a little vacation, and we enjoyed celebrating 39 years of our happy marriage doing what we love best, being together.

 Look familiar?  Must be made by the same artisan or company that made the arbor on my header.

So pretty.  That was in Wisconsin too.


 Back home, this ONE black eyed Susan popped up in the cone flowers.  Tickled me, it did!

On Sunday, we headed to the city just after the storm that rumbled through Chicago and the Northern Suburbs on Sunday afternoon.  We were stuck in traffic for a long time and saw first hand the damage to trees along the highway. After dropping off our Penny after a brief but happy visit, we headed home with Jon and Charlotte.  After sharing dinner and a couple of episodes of  Who Do You Think You Are? (Love this show) I was off to bed, so tired... Then the wind kicked up and the lightning started.  Pretty soon hail was pounding on the roof and the windows.  It was the lightning, almost continuous, that frightened me most. My Buscia would get out the blessed candle to burn at the first signs of a thunderstorm.  I pace, checking the windows, cringing at the flashes and cracks of thunder.  Luckily the storm passed quickly and once my head hit the pillow I was asleep.  An exciting end to a great weekend.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your kind comments.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend with your honey. I loved all that lightning last night...was so cool...I went outside and took a video. :-)