Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Update


ball jars with cozies and sippy tops
 It all started with  our daughter, Kristen.  
Kris was in a craft show and we got to hang out with our baby grand.  
Kris is a artist in yarn... hats, scarves and shawls.
 Having to take care of that kid again...is the BEST!

Penny loved her Cinderella dress and tiara.  
She makes me laugh so hard.  She asked if that was the "royal" TV? 
 Everything had royal before it...the royal couch, the royal husband...
Which by the way she took from me.  Grandpa is married, AGAIN!  She is all about marrying!
 I absolutely have to call her Cinderella when she is in costume.

We came home in a driving rainstorm, but stopped for pizza and frozen yogurt.  
We enjoy this girl's company.  I can't stop smiling when we're with her.
 Penny is pure fun and love. 

Penny was much more interested in the toys than the yogurt.


Saturday the skies cleared and we went to
 Edward's Orchard for our very first apple picking.
It's a Willoughby tradition, 
we've been picking apples every year since our kids were tots. 
 The last several years we dreamed of having Penny here
 to share this fun and wonderfully Autumnal ritual. 
We were giddy to have the chance to take our babygrand with us.
Penny took the job quite seriously.  
She wanted to carry the basket,
and only when we filled it to half 
was she willing to let Grandpa carry it along the rows.
We laughed, while riding a flatbed truck into the orchard.  
We ate apples and sang.  Penny and I both yelled "Jerry" as a monarch butterfly flew by.
As days go, it was perfect!  
I will be baking with and sharing our bushel.


 On Sunday we made a trip to the small flea market at Wilmot in Wisconsin.  I bought this cool wire basket my sweetheart is holding, and two pairs of scissors.  The walk felt great and it was another beautiful day.


We made it home in time to watch the Bears get creamed.

Oh well.  It was still  the happiest weekend ever. 

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.


2 comments:

Lynne said...

What a blessing that Little P lives in the Chicago area instead of NYC . . .
At least for gram and gramps . . .
Memories are being made by the millions . . .

Debby said...

I am so sorry I have been away for so long. I am trying to get back in the routine. Life is a circus here. Last week just wore me out.
I love hearing your adventures with Little Penny. I love those sippy cup cozies.
Glad you are doing well.
Hugs