Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It's the simple things...


 When I look through things at a rummage sale, it's the simple things that attract my eye.  The handmade things, the pretty things.  Things I can reuse to embellish a craft, decorate a table or in the case of fabric, sew something up.  Such was the sale we attended with our baby grand. As grandpa and sweet p. were wrapped up at the toys, I went to the linens.  They are almost always priced at a quarter, fifty cents to a dollar...hours and hours of labor went into the creation of each piece.  Sometimes crocheted, embroidered, sometimes machine made but beautiful.  When I can come home with a handful of  inspiration, I am happy.
The radio thingy is a dock for an iPod.  Since my phone is old, and had the right connector, and my  iTunes filled with music, I can listen to my music amplified anywhere. All with 4 AA batteries!  It was $2 in the kids section.  I picked it up and asked my IT guy (hubby ;-) if it would work with my phone. It does and it sounds great!  I always listen to music while sewing, cleaning, baking...and this little thingy makes me happy. I can even take it to our service nights, and be able to hear the music over the sewing machines!
When I find a cut of fabric, I see pillowcases!  This fabric is really cheerful.
 I see sachet hearts filled with lavender...
 White on white embroidery, hard to see but lovely as a tablecloth or maybe a shawl on a cool evening.
And on this cool evening,  I am looking outside at sunset, the light in Spring is so beautiful, the colorful buds...
 the sunset makes it all pop...
My view to the east as the sun goes down.  Yes, it's the simple things that make me happy.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Awww . . . the simple things . . .