Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Flutter of Butterflies


Did you know that a group of butterflies can be called a flutter of butterflies, a swarm, a kaleidoscope or a rabble.  I like a flutter, don't you?  Inspired by a photo I pinned on Pinterest and the magical blue butterflies we saw with our baby grand several weeks ago, I made this wreath.
They are just paper images, cut and pinned onto a Styrofoam wreath covered in burlap ribbon.

 I had this image from a  previous project.  Printed it on card stock.
I like busy work while listening to music.
 Then I gave the butterflies a little dimension by folding up or down their wings.
 I used T pins to attach them to the burlap covered wreath.
I had to fudge a little and used a scrap of additional burlap on the last few inches.

This will be hanging inside, too fragile for outdoors.  Hope you are embracing the joys of Summer.
Enjoy this beautiful day.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That is incredibly beautiful, Penny! You are with crafts like I am with food..."just a little something I whipped up". :-)