Friday, July 24, 2015

From the Garden



To waken each morning with a smile brightening my face; 
to greet the day with reverence for the opportunities it contains;


to approach my work with a clear mind;
 to hold ever before me--even in the doing of little things
--the ultimate purpose toward which I am working;


 to meet men and women with laughter on my lips
 and love in my heart;

A Monarch egg?
 to be gentle and kind and courteous through all hours;


 to approach the night with a weariness that woos sleep 


 and the joy that comes from work well done--


that is how I desire to waste wisely my days.  - author unknown


I love finding a poem or quote that matches how I feel. 


My dear friend Sue from California reminded me how fortunate we are to have had so much rain
that I am able to have such a pretty garden. 


I am grateful. 

Jean, Kelly's little plant really likes it here!

Have a wonderful weekend my friends.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

2 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

So glad your garden's doing well, Penny! We had high hopes for ours this year but it just didn't happen:0 I got a few flowers and Tom got a few vegetables. But nothing really took off. Still waiting for the tomatoes....oh, but that doesn't include my awesome hydrangeas! They are out of control this year and I'm in heaven!:)
xoKathy

Lynne said...

Very LOVELY Penny . . .
Beautiful gardens, flowers, photos, green . . .
Exceptional summer 2015 for our flowers and gardens . . . I would say!
Thank you RAINS . . .