Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Cookies

I like finding new things at the grocery store, and hate when they discontinue them or make them a seasonal thing after they become a family favorite. So, I was very happy to find pumpkin spice jello pudding mix again. A couple of years ago, I found the pumpkin pudding perfect (say that three times fast!;-) for a trifle I make at Thanksgiving. It was a cool spicy addition that quickly leads to an empty trifle bowl.
I used this recipe to make Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Cookies. They are so good and different. I added the cinnamon chips, mini semi sweet chocolate chips, and the Pumpkin Spice pudding mix. I don't usually serve cookies at Thanksgiving, but these will be perfect addition to our dessert table. This recipe has endless possibilities. Quick, easy and delicious. The only thing I change about this recipe is to add a 1/4 cup of additional flour. The cookies seen below are chocolate fudge pudding, with peanut butter and chocolate chips. I've also made lemon pudding with white baking chips... I love to bake, and here are a couple of baking tips...
Using parchment paper is a must. I reuse the paper when I am making multiple batches, and have used it over and over in my Christmas cookie making, with just a wipe of a clean towel. I can bake all day and never wash a cookie sheet! I only bake one cookie sheet at a time, it takes longer, but I never get a bad batch. I have old cookie sheets that were my Mom's, with some MAGIC built in from years of Mom's legendary baking. I prefer a heavy pan, they are more expensive, but will last a lifetime, and then some. They just bake better than the thin cookie sheets you find at the local big box. I have a couple of ice cream scoops in different sizes that make the cookies uniform and bake more evenly. These are not my ideas, but hints passed down through the many great bakers in my family.
If you come up with a new combo, I'd love to hear about it.

Happy baking and enjoy this beautiful day.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

★Carol★ said...

Two of my favorite flavors in one cookie! I had no idea that Jello made a pumpkin flavored pudding. You've just changed my world forever!
I was reading one of your previous posts, and I remember the Injun Summer that was always on the back of the Trib magazine! They don't do that anymore, do they? I know I saved one from several years ago, and now I can't find it. Oh well, I guess I can always Google it whenever I want to see it!