Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Beekman Boys

If you've never seen or heard of The Fabulous Beekman Boys, you soon will. They have their own show on Planet Green. Josh and Brent are city boys that fell in love with a farm called the Beekman. They purchased the farm, which changed their lives. I opened the latest issue of Country Living, and the Beekman and Josh and Brent are featured in a 10 page spread. These wonderful guys are on the verge of fame and fortune, but I loved them from the first show. They've revived a creative community in Sharon Springs, a town that time forgot. They've started a business selling chemical free goats milk soap and other locally made goods, embraced organic and sustainable farming, and are living a dream that so many have. I really like these guys, and find their story so compelling. Their home shines with warmth and holiday cheer on the pages of Country Living. On Wednesday, December 8th the "Boys" are hosting a Holiday Special, at 8:00pm central on Planet Green. (As they say, check your local listings) You can be sure I will be watching!

It's 4 days till Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see my Daughter and Doug, and my Sons and my Brothers, their Wives, my Nieces and Nephews. I love when my Husband says grace and thanks God for our many blessings. We remember my Mom and Dad, they always come up in our conversations at dinner. The house will smell of cloves and oranges, and then, it will feel like Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for my family.







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

DiCaprio said...

I love these two so much. They are so amazing to their fans. A visit to Sharon Springs is a must for anyone. I'll be there for the Victorian Holiday Celebration (Saturday Dec. 4)

The Rustic Victorian said...

I wonder if we get that channel here, I will look into it. I have never heard of these guys either.Thanks for the info. How nice to have all the company coming. Have a great and wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!
Love
Marcie