Thursday, May 26, 2011

Closet 1 Penny 0



 I have become undone by a closet...  It's just about got me beat.  This is day three and I just found floor.  I didn't have the nerve to take a before photo.  Let's just say, it was bad. 
I went into this project wholeheartedly...With the yes we can spirit...then I was like, I shouldn't have...who thought this was a good idea.  The blame is mostly mine, though my daughter (who hasn't lived at home in 8 years) shares some of it and even my dearly departed Dad, though it's bad form to blame the dearly departed. 
I found the floor, and now my bedroom is trashed.  I've got 5 banker boxes of books, another filled with mailing envelopes.  A box of posters, 2 large boxes of  Zines from the 80's with orders not to toss them.      I'm ashamed of myself for letting it go for so long...and then this morning, I read this from the Brave Girls Club...

Dear Incredible Girl,

When you've done all that you can do, and you still feel like you have so much further to go, when you feel like all that you have to give still isn't nearly enough, when it seems that you will not be able to keep up everything that needs to be kept up for one minute longer --
stop and breathe.

Look. Really really look at what you are expecting of yourself.

You are an incredible girl. You are amazing and strong and brilliant. But friend, you are also a human being. You cannot do it all. You cannot always hold everything together perfectly, and you cannot be perfectly composed every single day. It's okay to have 'off' days. It's okay to feel weak and overwhelmed and have meltdowns once in awhile. It's okay. YOU are okay. Everything is going to be okay. It is.

Let yourself have days to be a perfectly imperfect human being. Let yourself feel what you need to feel and process your life the way you need to process it. Let yourself  BE.

Bad days will pass, overwhelm will dissolve, and the sun will come up again tomorrow morning, just like it does every day. There will be a brand new sparkling day waiting for your tomorrow, waiting for you to hold hands with all of the joy that it is offering.

You are just right. You are doing great. You are fabulous!

And you are very very very very loved.

xoxo

Thanks Brave Girls.  Funny how often they hit the nail on the head.  If you are struggling, (and my silly closet doesn't really apply) I hope those words of support help you today.  You are FABULOUS!  Back to work. 


3 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

wise wise words, Penny!

always so good seeing you out and about ...

xoxox
j

don't let that closet get you down

Lynne said...

Truly, truly, truly, telling myself . . . "it will be okay. . . breathe . . . it will be okay . . .". Brought me through some really tough times. Thank you for this uplifting message.
Love, Lynne

Lisha said...

You go girl! It is always worse before it gets better...just think how good you will feel when you are done. You have inspired me to tackle a closet I have been putting off. Thanks Penny and glad you enjoyed seeing the Painted Bunting on my blog. It is always good hearing from you.Till next time......