Friday, November 30, 2012

Some nicer than others...

 
Using what you have works to a point...  Sometimes serendipity happens when two fabrics accidentally end up together and work.  Like this brown floral and this embroidered green.  The butterflies are mostly brown and it works. The true colors are to the top and the left in this photo.

 
They might be the prettiest pillowcases I've made and have a decorator look to them.

 
Then there are the bohemian butterflies. Yikes!  My Dad had a term for this, lightning striking an outhouse!
LOL! The neon fabric I got cheap, and I couldn't find a solid that matched. What goes with butterfiles?... more butterflies...   They are nicer in person, but still wild!


These are my Hanukkah pillowcases ;-) , great all winter long.  I guess I'm a little pillowcase happy right now. I've made 20 so far, most are gifts that I can't show.
I got all the fall decorations packed up and back in the basement, thanks to son Mike.  Then he brought up the tree and some blanket bags that hold pillows, throws and such. Usually I have an idea of what I want to do as far as decorating, but right now I am pondering...

 I'll let you know what I come up with.  Have a great weekend my friends. 


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

PattieJ said...

Nice pillows! I like to sew too! I keep wanting to sew some pillow shams but I always start too many craft projects at one time and many of them never get finished! lol

Lynne said...

Sleeping on all those butterflies might not bring sleep . . . Whew . . . I am flying . .. , and SMILING too . . .