Monday, December 17, 2012

Pierogi and Prayer

 
I wanted to watch the memorial service last night...the sadness is overwhelming, and the helpless feeling we all have... I couldn't sit and watch...I had to be busy.

 
Making pierogi is a family tradition.  Usually done surrounded by sparking lights, lit candles and Christmas carols.  Last night, each little pierogi was a prayer...

 
For peace.

 

 

Lord make me an instrument of your peace


Where there is hatred,

Let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is error, truth;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

And where there is sadness, Joy.



O Divine Master grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled

As to console;

To be understood,as to understand;

To be loved, as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive,

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,

And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Truly a fitting tribute, Penny. May you continue to have a good week.

Debby said...

Well said my firend. I knew the names and the pictures of those lost would bring out my tears. I keep seeing my little 6 years olds and think of them at school and how horrific this was for those that died. I want to hug all those relative. So so sad. But somehow we have to move on. Not sure how, but we have to woek on that.
(((((HUGS))))) my friend.

Lynne said...

Beautiful Penny . . . Love the Lord Make Me Instrument Prayer. I sent a message this morning but my iPad is acting up, let's see if this goes through!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh sweet girl...what a beautiful post! I've been crying on and off for days now ~ feeling guilty for the pain of those precious parents that have lost their angels. I so pray for the Lord to wrap His arms around each person that is hurting and to comfort them like only HE can...sending you hugs and love, Dawn