Saturday, April 13, 2013

At the Rummage Sale

 
I found this $2 suitcase for the craft room.
A crochet runner.  Something about the blue trim

 
A sprinkle of baking soda Pet Fresh is all you need to remove the musty smell. 
I let it sit for a few days with the case closed, then with it opened.
Then vacuum the baking powder out and it's ready to fill.
I sometimes keep a bounce sheet inside along with
linens and other fabric items.
Not necessary for Cd's, DVDs or other hard items.

 
Found this really cool book about Second City. 
The breeding ground for comedy's biggest names,
and many of my personal favorites. 

 
It came with this CD with hilarious bits from SCTV,
and  many things I remember from SNL,
where so many of the Second City Alumni ended up.
Norm! (for all Cheers fans)

 
These two placemats, just the right color and brand new.

 
A bedside lamp for my side of the bed.  Loved the shape and neutral color.
Hope my rattan shade fits, though the shade it has is fine.

 
Buttons, who can resist.  My total $5.50.  It wasn't the best sale as there were many crazed shoppers...
We didn't go until the sale had been opened for several hours, so I wasn't sure what was up.  Takes the fun out of a leisurely rummage, but the people in charge were very nice.

We had to stop by Best Buy on the way home, where my hubby did a "Sheldon."  If you are not familiar, Sheldon is a character on our favorite TV show The Big Bang Theory.  On one show Sheldon has to go a Best Buy kind of store and ends up helping other customers since he is so knowledgeable about technology. (Sheldon actually takes over the store computer and looks up things for other customers, until the manager is called!) So while we were being helped today, a frazzled woman asked the employee a question...which he didn't seem to have an answer for, and my hubby (who's middle name is technology) took over.  Don't ask a computer question around my guy...  Once you get him going, it's hard to get him to stop.  After the woman was either satisfied or completely confused and walked away, I told my dearest he had just done a Sheldon. He knew immediately what I meant. We both had a good laugh! Have I mentioned lately, I love my hubby!

Looking forward to a quiet Sunday.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Penny, you got a few great things at the rummage sale! Loving that crocheted runner. We had that Second City book - I think I donated awhile ago because we were done with it. I also really like that lamp and the placemats that you found. Too funny with the story of your hubby in Best Buy!

Lynne said...

Isn't it great when the person you love "gets you" and when you "get him!". Love it!

Like I said . . . Can I go bargain shopping with ou?

Tell "Sheldon" I have a question. I can receive mail into my Comcast on my lap top but I can't send anything out of it??? The mail just sits in my out box!

Do you think "Sheldon" can help?

Jill said...

I need a Sheldon at my house. :)

Penny, you got some great finds. I adore your lamp! It's just perfect in every way!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Thanks for the Pet Fresh tip! I have one suitcase in particular that I'm afraid to open b/c of the musty smell! I'll have to try it. Too funny about your guy!