Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Blumen Gardens, Sycamore, Illinois



On our search for a wedding venue for Jon and Charlotte we visited Blumen Gardens, in Sycamore, IL.
This place knocked my socks off!  First,  Sycamore is a charming town, one that I am not familiar with, but will be visiting again after finding this gem.
 The brick courtyard goes on and on.  Since it is still very early, and almost 6 weeks from our last frost, there were cool tolerant annuals for sale.  This is where I purchased the pansies that graced our Easter table..  I can just imagine this courtyard filled with plants.
 Still it was it is a remarkable space.

 Look at this little moss roofed building...it's an outhouse
Charming, charming, charming!

 Beautiful pots and ornaments everywhere, even on the roof.
 I just loved this arch, wonder what vine grows here?
 I will be back later in the spring for a look see at all the plants as the weather warms.
Until then, I have my pansies.

Next time, a look inside this amazing place.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy this beautiful day.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Now I would like this place . . .
I better look up Sycamore . . .
Love the moss covered OUThouse . . .