Wednesday, December 9, 2015

December 9th, Christmas Checklist



 Cookies baked...NO!
 Baby Jesus under the tree...NO!
 Candles in the windows...Check!
 Cute displays everywhere...NO!

 Shopping at our favorite place, Northwind Perennial Farm...Check!
 They really should charge just for the inspiration.
 Beautiful greens...
 Amazing displays...
 Lush wreaths...
 Angels sing...
 My favorite dirty window.
 The barn seemed extra cold compared to outside.
 Yummy goodness to enjoy.
 Little Church.
Sweet hubby.

We were taking care of our baby grand from Wednesday through Sunday, and she was sick.  Checked out by the doctor, ears, throat etc.all checked out.  So she came to Grandma and Grandpa's.  On Thursday I hosted our Guild Christmas Party.  Eighteen lovely ladies and two little kids.  It was a delightful evening and Penny had great fun with her pal Jake.  The next few days were a blur of fever and snuggling, tea parties and cat videos.  We pushed her bed right next to ours and I watched her and worried about her.  It's been a long time since I had a sick child to care for.  I guess we did the job well.  When we picked up Mom and Dad at the Airport and dropped them off at home, Penny ran back for one more hug for Grandma and Grandpa. Precious time that is still a dream to us.

Some things are done, some things will eventually get done and some things will wait for another year.

The spirit of a household reaches farther
than the front door to the back.
It shines forth from a child's eyes and shows in
the way a man hurries back to his home.
-Author Unknown

Today I'll take some photos around the house as I make some progress on my Christmas Checklist.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day!

3 comments:

Barbara Lilian in France said...

You don't need a check list, you seem to be enjoying all the pre - Christmas things. hope your little grand daughter gets well soon.

Lynne said...

Wonderful quote . . .
From wonderful "granny nanny" you . . .
Enjoy "prepping and putzin" . . . 'tis the season!

Debby said...

Hello. I have missed you. Sounds like things are going well. How sweet of you taking a sick grandbaby for the week. I hope she is feeling better.
SO much has been happening in my life. We sold our home and moved 3 weeks ago. I had hand surgery a couple of weeks before the move. Oh my, what a job moving was. We love where we are and feel like we have been blessed.
Many Hugs