Monday, March 14, 2016

Indoor Gardening and Other Worthwhile Pursuits



 When the rain pours out side, move the gardening inside.    I borrowed a large jar from my hubby and put together a terrarium.  The large green plant is a angel vine, the little flowering plant from Trader Joe's is called kalanchoe which might not like the humidity of the terrarium, (I've read it's a succulent) and the polka dot plant. Something about the scent of wet earth smells like spring.


I borrowed some of the things from my fairy garden and added a small cement rabbit.  It was done in just minutes, but sure brightened up a gloomy Sunday.

 We've had some amazing sunsets,
 and beautiful sunrises.
By the time I run for my camera, the sky changes.  I love the early mornings now, the birds singing and our neighborhood woodpecker at work in the willow next door.  Even the peepers are peeping in the forest just down the road.  Sure sounds like spring.
 I have yet another accidental collection.  I found a third glass bunnie dish at the thrift.  I had some Kohl's cash...a bonus from a purchase.  When I have the money to spend, I have a problem finding anything to justify a purchase.  I did buy myself some socks (As per Jean's suggestion;-) and these cute Happy Spring towels.  The rest I spent on a small girl for her Easter basket.
Cloudy day, bad photos.
These sweet towels are pretty.  The photo does not do them justice.

My last thrifted item, this bunch of faux lily of the valley.  This flower is so ethereal in real life.  I have an established patch that I wait for each spring. The tiny sprigs are the most fragrant little things.  This bunch will decorate the house until the real thing pokes up from the earth.

Thanks so very much for stopping by and for your kindness always.  Enjoy this beautiful day.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Springtime seems to bring about a different kind of creative urge for me . . .
My mind seems to flow with ideas . . . very energizing . . .
Do you feel that too?
I have some creative plans for tomorrow . . .
Pussy willows, forsysthia and tulips . . .
And an adorable little bunny made of vines . . .
Enjoy your creating Penny . . .
I'll be thinking of you . . .
I love your little stone bunny . . .
I have one like that too . . ,