Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Seventh Game of the World Series

Chicago is in a tizzy as our beloved Cubbies won last night's game to advance to the last game of the World Series!
I was a big baseball fan in my youth, but was raised on the Cubs.  Both Mom and Dad were and all my brothers are big fans. So many of us are especially emotional because our parents never got to see this day.  Tonight we will watch the game, and win or lose I'll think of my Dad especially.  How he would have loved this! Go Cubbies!

 How can it possibly be November, I don't know what the heck happened to September and October.
 I am enjoying the gloomy skies...
 The gorgeous colors...
 The fruits of the season.
 Halloween came and went in the blur of baseball!  I got to rock my sweet  baby beans on Halloween night as her sisters trick or treated.
 All the wedding decorations are now decorating my bench out front. Dozens of tiny white pumpkins disappeared from bushel baskets out front.  I wondered where they went until neighbors told me they were finding them hidden all over their yard across the street.  Squirrels!

Woman of anxiety that I am,  you might wonder how I am coping with the stress of the World Series...

By installing a new floor in my kitchen.  We have been living with this temporary flooring for over 15 years.  It always looks dirty and is coming up in places.
 We've talked about flooring the whole kitchen/family room but just never had the funds.
 I saw people on the Internet using this flooring for projects, and never found it locally till Saturday.
We came home with the boxes, some filler for the cracks and gaps.  As far as floors go I think it looks great.  So much better than what we had.  It was economical enough that if in the next couple of years we do a kitchen renovation, it isn't a big loss.  But for right now, it has  made this old girl very happy and very sore.

For the first time in ten years, all my children are within a 30 mile radius of home!  Mike and Amanda are living with us until they find a place of their own.  Amanda has been here a couple of weeks because she found a job right away.  Mike stayed behind and packed and moved them.  Mike was able to transfer his job and will begin working at a local Apple store.  It is so wonderful, and I am so grateful to have all my chicks in the proverbial nest.  I am one happy Mom.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your visit and your kind comments.
Enjoy this beautiful day, and GO Cubs GO!

Love, Penny

1 comment:

Lynne said...

YAY all the way around . . .
New floor . . .
Beautiful fall season . . .
New marriage . . .
"Chicks" within 30 miles . . .
AND VICTORY . . .
YAY CUBBIES . . .
My daddy is enjoying this heavenly celebration with all the other CUBS fans!