Monday, April 10, 2017

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers!

My dear SIL Elizabeth called me last week to ask if I was still up, she had something for me...  What she had was FLOWERS!  Elizabeth rescues flowers at the shop where she works.  These were all headed to the trash, and she was headed out of town.  A amazing bounty of beautiful blooms.
 I grabbed all my hobnailed vases and played with flowers.
 Three kinds of tulips...
 Hyacinths, roses...
the daffodils came from my garden.
 Then I put them all around the house. In the dining room...
 Living room,
 on the coffee table...

 Penny was practicing her writing a few weeks ago, and this accidentally ended up on my tablecloth.  Secretly, I was thrilled, but when Mom and Dad noticed it..oh snap, we were in trouble.
 Flowers in the kitchen...
even next to my chair in the family room.  Oh the feeling of luxury and beauty.  They lasted all week and I was sorry to see them go.  Thanks Betty, your sweetness and generosity are only two of the many wonderful traits you possess.  Love you so.
 There is also something else we are missing.  Big Blue, my hubby's 15 year old truck. We decided to donate our car to our local public television station WTTW.  They will auction the car and we will get a tax deduction and the proceeds go to PBS.  A win win situation. It still looked good after all these years.  I thought my dearest might be a little emotional, but he was fine...I, on the other hand shed a few tears.  So many happy memories, great trips, bringing Penny home from the hospital in NY, family vacations...  Yes I can even get sentimental about a truck.
It left in the pouring rain.
We celebrated Amanda's birthday at a Shark themed party at Amanda and Mike's place.  Even Henry the cat was dressed as a shark, and he hated it!  A good time was had by all, some of us are allergic to cats and had to bow out a little early.  Amanda was lovely, had her hair and makeup done.  Penny dressed in her Moana costume and I dressed as Moana's crazy Grandma with a tribal print top.  Penny said I needed MORE in the top area (aka bigger boobs) to really look like Moana's grandma. She makes me laugh so much.

A busy week of preparations for Easter brunch with family and friends.  I know the menu by heart, breakfast casseroles, bacon, kielbasa, pirogi, ham, salads,  potatoes, bagels and desserts.  The blessing of the basket of food on Saturday and an egg hunt if weather permits on Sunday.

I am sitting in front of an open window.  The winds are gusting and the smell is unmistakable, SPRING.  (It's finally sprung!)

Thanks for stopping by and God bless you all on this Easter and always.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny 




3 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

How lovely to receive a gift of beautiful flowers! They are so pretty aren't they.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Lucky girl, you, getting all those flowers! Can't help but think of you at this time of year and wish we still had little ones for an Easter egg hunt! Enjoy your family and Happy Easter! Xo Kathy | Our Hopeful Home (formerly Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} -- yeah the name's changed! Lots of changes have been going on over at the old blog lol)

Lynne said...

Flower bounty like that . . . what a TREAT!
Love, Love, Love . . .
Penny's name on the tablecloth . . . oh my, that will be a treasure.
Oh my Penny, you are such an ultimate giver . . .
Everyone at your house for brunch . . .
Old blue . . .
Time, care, love for your little grand . . .
Oh my!
Easter Blessings to you indeed . . .