Monday, April 1, 2019

April, she will come...

 I hear the song in my head, and it's hard to believe today is the first day of April.  I am doing a little puttering around the house.  The winter still has us in it's grip, but hope springs eternal that Spring is just around the corner.

 Grandpa and Grandma finally met our brand new granddaughters.  Irene is already telling Grandpa, no more kisses!  They are the sweetest tiniest babies.  After having eight pound babies myself, these little girls are almost floating in our arms.  They are strong, and content and healthy.  What more could anyone want.
Stevie meets Grandma!
 I wept sweet tears holding our Jon Jon's daughters.  The love started as soon as we knew Charlotte was pregnant, and increased twofold upon knowing they were twins.  Holding our granddaughters for the very first time is one of life's sweetest moments.

 God willing, we will hold these little hands for as long as they let us.  We are almost at the seven year point of hand holding with Penny, and she is still willing.  We are blessed in so many ways.

 My dearest is feeling better, looking better and stronger since his hospitalization.  His work ethic is strong too.  It's hard to keep him from working, even on days when he really needs the rest.  He thrives in the work environment, and to hear him talk with customers and co workers is impressive.  I sometimes don't understand a word of what he's saying, but I love to surprise him by asking a technical question, or quoting something I've read or heard on the news.  It's fun seeing his reaction. 
He loves when I talk "tech" to him. ;-)

This week I will have cataract surgery on my problem eye.  I am looking forward to better vision, and getting my eye glasses updated.  I vividly remember my Buscia leaving for the hospital and me crying when she went to have her cataract surgery.  I was probably 5 years old.  Things have changed in almost 60 years, now I'm the Buscia!  Getting my eyes to work together after surgery will take a little while. I apologize in advance for any typing errors, bad punctuation...who am I kidding?  I've been writing this blog for NINE YEARS and my typing, grammar and punctuation has not improved a bit.  
 Until next time...

The only Spring you'll find in Chicagoland is inside.

Though it's faux, it cheers me up.  

Thanks for stopping by and for your kindness.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Love, Penny

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Oh my, how sweet . . . tiny little fingers .. .
Blessings indeed.
Sorry I didn’t know about your loves recent hospitalization . . .
I do hope he is feeling better . . .
And you too Miss Penny, after cataract surgery. . . .
April is often a topsy turvy month and then settles down in to beauty . . .
Wishing “beauty” finds its way to you . . . and to me too.
We still have snow patches!
Happy warming days my friend.
Touch, Hold, Hands . . .